Lifestyle Prior To Change
What was your lifestyle prior to your transformation?
I have been working out since I was 16, but never took it seriously, and never paid attention to the meals. In 2007 I had a small surgery and was not allowed to lift anything heavy, nor could I do any cardio for a year. So I just ate and slept.
What was your low point or turning point?
In 2009 my son was born. When he was 10 months old, I realized that I was a fat lump. I was ashamed by how I looked in the mirror and I decided that I needed to change. I couldn't show the right path to my son looking the way I did.
Were there any unique challenges or circumstances that made your transformation particularly difficult?
Heh...almost killed me :)
What was your transformation timeline?
- Transformation Start: August 2009. I did a solid 8 month diet, took 1 month rest only.
Zsolt's Training And Cardio Approach
What was your weight training approach and split during your transformation?
I worked out 5 days per week when I started, then went up for 6 to seperate my leg training. I also did a 50 minute cardio workout 6 days per week at the beginning. I added 20 minutes right after workout towards the end of my transformation, so I did 70 minutes per day at the end.
- Monday - Arms and Abs. 50 minutes Cardio in the evening.
- Tuesday - Chest. 50 minutes Cardio in the evening
- Wednesday - Back. 50 minutes Cardio in the evening.
- Thursday - Shoulders and Traps. 50 minutes Cardio in the evening.
- Friday - Quads and Calves. 50 minutes Cardio in the evening.
- Saturday - Hamstrings and Abs. 50 minutes Cardio in the evening.
- Sunday - Rest.
|Monday - Arms and Abs|
|Barbell Curl (Decreasing reps)||5||15-6|
|Tricep Dips (Last 2 sets add weight)||5||25-15|
|One Arm Standing Dumbbell Extension||3||10-12|
|Dumbbell Tricep Extension||3||8-10|
|Abs Triset: 3 Sets|
|Hanging Knee Raise||3||10-15|
|Ab Crunch Machine||3||20-25|
|Tuesday - Chest|
|Bench Press (Decreasing reps)||5||15-6|
|Incline Dumbbell Bench Press||3||10-12|
|Bent Arm Dumbbell Pullover||3||8-10|
|Wednesday - Back|
|Pull Up (Decreasing reps)||6||15-8|
|Close Grip Lat Pull Down||3||12-15|
|Seated Cable Row||3||12-15|
|One Arm Dumbbell Row||3||10-12|
|Incline Bench Row||3||8-10|
|Thursday - Shoulders and Traps|
|Military Press (Decreasing reps)||5||15-6|
|Dumbbell Overhead Press||3||10-12|
|Front Dumbbell Raise||3||8-10|
|Bent Over Dumbbell Reverse Flye||3||10-12|
|Calf Machine Shoulder Shrug||2||15|
|Friday - Quads and Calves|
|Squat (Decreasing reps)||6||25-6|
|Standing Calf Raise||5||25-30|
|Seated Calf Raise||5||25-30|
|Saturday - Hamstrings and Abs|
|Stiff Leg Deadlift||3||6-12|
|Standing Leg Curl||3||6-12|
|Abs Triset: 3 Sets|
|Hanging Knee Raise||3||10-15|
|Seated Leg Tucks||3||20-25|
Please detail your cardio approach during your transformation?
Please list 3 things you learned about exercise, weight training and/or cardio during your transformation that helped you succeed:
- 45 minute workout maximum boost. No more.
- Cardio always low intensity.
- Follow the plan regardless of how tired you are. It has to be done, otherwise it won't work.
How are you currently training, and has your training changed since the completion of your transformation?
Try to stay in shape. Workout 4 times a week, and performed cardio 3-4 days per week.
Zsolt's Diet And Nutrition Approach
What was your diet and nutrition approach during your transformation?
- Meal #1 - 150g Chicken Breast, 150g Rice, a lot of Broccoli.
- Meal #2 - 150g Chicken Breast, 100g Rice, a lot of Broccoli.
- Meal #3 - 150g Chicken Breast, 100g Rice, a lot of Green bean.
- Meal #4 - 150g Chicken Breast, Vegetables, Omega caps.
- Meal #5 - 150g Chicken Breast, Vegetables.
- Meal #6 - 150g Chicken Breast, Vegetables.
- 1 hour before sleep - 8 eggs with vegetables.
Were there any diet/nutrition mistakes you made that you learned from?
Too many Red Bulls :)
What supplements did you use during your transformation?
- Morning - 40g 100% Whey Protein, 100g Oatmeal, 4 tabs Amino 5600, 10g Pure Glutamine, 15g BCAA, 1 Pack Monster 100.
- Right Before Workout - 2500mg L-Carnitine liquid, 4 tabs Amino 5600, 3 tabs Perfect Fat Loss.
- After Workout - 40g 100% Whey Protein, 10g Pure Glutamine, 15g BCAAs, 1 tab 1100 Vitamin C.
- Noon/Early Afternoon - Green Tea caps, Omega 3 cap.
- Before Cardio - 2500mg L-Carnitine, 4 tabs Amino 5600, 10g Purer Glutamine, 20g Isobest Zero Fat Protein.
- Before Sleep - 20g Casein Protein.
Advice For Others
What are your best tips for someone looking to make their own transformation?
- Research, and select what's working the best for you.
- Never think of quitting. If you want to do this, you have to remember... not many can do this. It's not a joyride.
- Read about the transformation of others, that is the best to stay motivated.
More From Zsolt Pajer
How can people contact you?
- Email: email@example.com.
hey great job.... ? what cadio exercise did you perform
how much weight do u use for each exercise?
Do you have a full time job?? How did you find time for your family, work, and excercise?
I always use redbull... Is it bad for muscle or reduce fat
Very inspiring and motivational. Awesome job Zsolt.
that is awesome jop dude i really want to try so thanks for all ur help Zsolt ...
Great Job dude.
What time do you do your 50 minute cardio in the evening and between which meal?
hey zsolt your amazing man im going to try this man as im right now 113 kgs and five foot eight tall im a fat lump as well im solid not just fat but i want to turn my body around and get ripped and fit and man your inspirational man awsome
Great job hard work does pay off
wow,great job keep up the great work
Thanks M&S for posting this!