- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Standing Hammer Curl Instructions
The hammer curl is a great exercise for the biceps and forearms.
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and stand up with the dumbbells by your sides.
- With a neutral grip, bend your arms slightly to keep the tension on the biceps.
- With your palms still facing your body, slowly curl the dumbbells up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the biceps at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Standing Hammer Curl Tips
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight for the whole set.