Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings
- Choose a pair of dumbbells and stand up straight with a slight bend in your knees.
- Hold the dumbbells down at your sides. You are now in the starting position.
- Step forward with your left leg while maintaining your balance and squat down through your hips.
- Keep your torso straight and head up. Don't allow your knee to track out over your toes.
- Push yourself back to the starting position by using your heal to drive you.
- Repeat this movement with your right leg and then repeat for desired reps.
- Never allow your knees to track out over your toes during this movement. Doing so will place undue stress on the knee joints.
- This exercise requires a good deal of balance and is not recommended for those with balance issues.
- Keep your head up and back straight throughout the exercise. Never allow your back to round.