- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBarbell
- Force TypeN/A
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Seated Barbell Twist Instructions
- The seated barbell twist exercise focuses on your obliques. Grab a light barbell and rest it on the muscle on the back of your neck. Do not rest the weight on your neck!
- Sit down on a flat bench with your feet at a wider than shoulder width stance, firmly on the floor.
- Keep your back firm and straight. Slowly twist your torso to the right and then to the left.
- Twist as far as possible. Do not move your head with the twist, but keep facing forward.
- Keep your head facing forward. Don't look from side to side.
- Keep your abs tight throughout the whole set.
- Make sure you have enough room if you're using an Olympic bar!