- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Dumbbell Tricep Kickback Instructions
- Set up for the dumbbell tricep kickback by grabbing a flat bench and sitting a dumbbell on the left-hand side at one end.
- Position yourself on the left side of the bench with your right knee and right hand resting on the bench.
- Using a neutral grip, pick up the dumbbell with your left hand. Keep your back straight and look forward.
- Tuck your left upper arm close to your torso and bend at the elbow, forming a 90-degree angle with your upper arm and forearm. This is the starting position.
- Moving only at the elbow, raise the dumbbell behind you until your arm is fully extended.
- Pause, and then lower the dumbbell back to the starting position.
- Repeat this movement for desired reps and then repeat using your right arm.
Dumbbell Tricep Kickback Tips
- Keep your head up and your eyes facing forwards, as this will keep your back straight.
- Focus on moving the weight with your triceps, keeping control of the weight as you slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Keep your body as still as possible, moving only your forearms.
You want to keep your chin tucked so your neck is aligned with your back, like all exercises.
Is there any reason why you can't do both arms at once with this exercise? That's how I do them to cut down on the time they take.
Sure, that's a perfectly viable option.
What is the purpose of leaning over during a tricep kickback exercise? Thanks
Leaning on the bench puts the spine in a neutral position and lowers the risk of injury.
Justin results dont appear over night trust me i know im a prime example ive been working out for over a year and im not where i wanna be yet just keep working and dont give, theres no point in setting a goal if your just going to give up
I am really skinny and I am needing to put on muscle badly because I am so tall. I am tall and skinny and tall. I need muscle fast will this have any results fast
Well it will in your triceps a little... but you'll really get nowhere doing one exercise over and over again....
i have a good workout for tall and skinny. 2 times a week monday chest superset 10 - 2 lbs on the bar bench from chest to half way extended 20 time after 20 bench from half way up to full extension 20 times do all 40 at the same time 1 set do 3 sets then thursday do the same work out as monday helps if you have somebody to workout with if not rest 5 minutes between sets good for arms and a little bit for chest i started noticing bigger arms and more cut arms after about 3 weeks you can see a difference hope this helps if this works for you i have a chest and tricept work out i like also creatine helps a lot
What do you really mean by "gain muscle"? if you just want over all muscle mass, you need to do legs, nothing grows as fast, pound for pound as legs. If you are in reality try to get something easy to show off to people, the exercises in involved or typically all the only most everyone else is doing in the gym. Vanity runs rampant there.Be sure to get proper form down (easily looked up on the internet), then do warm ups (don't let ego get the better of you here, start low), then start doing the most weight you can getting at least 3 or 4 reps in. If you can pull off 8, maybe even 6 reps> put more weight on. And the MOST important part to gain mass = EAT!. Lost of meats, and veggies, and good bit of fruit, and good dairy. Stick to unprocessed forms, whole forms (fruit, not juice. Whole or raw milk, fresh veggies, not frozed or processed). Eating is every bit as much as a work out as it the lifting for a body of mass.
rating is low fo this workout, what says??