- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Dumbbell Tricep Kickback Instructions
- Set up for the dumbbell tricep kickback by grabbing a flat bench and sitting a dumbbell on the left-hand side at one end.
- Position yourself on the left side of the bench with your right knee and right hand resting on the bench.
- Using a neutral grip, pick up the dumbbell with your left hand. Keep your back straight and look forward.
- Tuck your left upper arm close to your torso and bend at the elbow, forming a 90-degree angle with your upper arm and forearm. This is the starting position.
- Moving only at the elbow, raise the dumbbell behind you until your arm is fully extended.
- Pause, and then lower the dumbbell back to the starting position.
- Repeat this movement for desired reps and then repeat using your right arm.
Dumbbell Tricep Kickback Tips
- Keep your head up and your eyes facing forwards, as this will keep your back straight.
- Focus on moving the weight with your triceps, keeping control of the weight as you slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Keep your body as still as possible, moving only your forearms.