- The concentration curl is an awesome exercise for isolating the biceps! Grab the dumbbell you want to use with your left arm and sit on the end of a bench.
- Position your feet at slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
- Place the back of your upper left arm on the inside of your left thigh.
- Put your right hand on your right knee for support. You will use your left thigh as a back rest throughout the movement.
- Start the exercise with your arm fully extended and slowly curl the dumbbell up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the bicep hard, and then slowly lower it back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps, and then repeat the same for your right arm.
Concentration Curl Tips:
- As a general rule you should always work your weakest side first. This is why most people would do the left arm first.
- Keep your entire body fixed throughout the set, only moving your lower arm.