- Take a seat on the machine and place the balls of your feet on the platform with your toes pointed forward - your heels will naturally hang off. Position the base of quads under the knee pad and allow your hands to rest on top.
- Extend your ankles and release the safety bar.
- Lower the heels by dorsiflexing the ankles until the calves are fully stretched.
- Extend the ankles and exhale as you flex the calves.
- Repeat for the assigned number of repetitions.
- Keep the repetitions slow and controlled. Limit momentum and pause at the top to emphasize the contraction.
- Limit depth of the heels if you feel any sort of stretch through the bottom of the foot during the exercise.
- Try to move through the ball of the foot rather than the base of the toes.