- Set up for the seated calf raise by loading up the machine with the weight you want to use.
- Sit on the machine with the padding on top of your thighs and the balls of your feet on the edge of the foot pad.
- Push up with your calves to take the weight off rack and release the lock.
- Slowly let your heels drop as far as possible. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Slowly raise your heels up a high as possible.
- Pause and squeeze the calf muscles, and then slowly lower your heals back down as far as possible.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Calf Raise Tips:
- Use a full range of motion by pushing your heels up as far as possible and letting the calves stretch out as far as possible on the way down.
- Pause and hold for a count of 1-3 at the top of the movement (heels up) for extra intensity.
- Try pointing your toes in different directions (outwards / inwards) to work the calves at differing angles.