Abs, Biceps, Lats, Lower Back, Shoulders
- Assume a standing position while holding the bar using a double overhand grip.
- Hinge forward until your torso is roughly parallel with the floor (or slightly above) and then begin the movement by driving the elbows behind the body while retracting the shoulder blades.
- Pull the bar towards your belly button until it touches your body and then slowly lower the bar back to the starting position under control.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Experiment with head position and see which option (looking forward vs. packing the neck) works better for you.
- Keep some tone through your abdominals as you pull the bar into your body to ensure you don’t arch excessively through your spine.
- Don’t allow momentum to dictate the movement, control the bar throughout the entirety of each rep.
- Don’t allow the head to jut forward as you pull.
- Similarly, ensure the shoulder blade moves on the rib cage. Don’t lock the shoulder blade down and just move through the glenohumeral joint.