Lifestyle Prior To Change
What was your lifestyle prior to your transformation?
No type of physical activity. Ate lots of sweet and fast food, and drank soda all the time. I had to become healthier.
What was your low point or turning point?
My turning point is when the doctor told me that I was at high risk of heart attack and diabetes.
Were there any unique challenges or circumstances that made your transformation particularly difficult?
Yes. In the beginning it was difficult dedicating time in the gym. And it was difficult seeing everyone else in the gym all ripped and cut up.
What was your transformation timeline?
- Transformation Start: April 4th, 2010.
- Milestone: Ran 40 yd dash in under 5.2 seconds.
- Milestone: Was able to run 2 miles non stop.
- Milestone: Increased strength and power.
- Milestone: Living a better and healthier lifestyle.
- Transformation End: January 1st, 2012.
Quintin's Training And Cardio Approach
What was your weight training approach and split during your transformation?
- Monday - Chest and Back. 20 minutes of cardio prior to lifting.
- Tuesday - Legs and Calves. 20 minutes of cardio prior to lifting.
- Wednesday - Biceps and Triceps. 20 minutes of cardio prior to lifting.
- Thursday - Shoulders and Lats. 20 minutes of cardio prior to lifting.
- Friday - Run 2 miles and hit the sauna.
- Saturday - Off
- Sunday - Off
|Monday - Chest and Back|
|Incline Dumbbell Bench Press||4||15|
|Incline Dumbbell Flye||4||15|
|Bench Press Press||4||15|
|Lat Pull Down||4||15|
|Seated Cable Row||4||15|
|Tuesday - Leg and Calves|
|Stiff Leg Deadlift||3||15|
|Walking Barbell Lunge||3||15|
|Wednesday - Biceps and Triceps|
|Preacher Curl to Forehead||4||15|
|Skullcrusher (20 to nose, forehead & behind head)||3||20|
|Close Grip EZ Bench Press||1||100|
|Cable Tricep Extension||1||100|
|Thursday - Shoulders and Lats|
|Arnold Dumbbell Press||4||20|
|Dumbbell Lateral Raise||4||20|
|Front Dumbbell Raise||1||20|
Please detail your cardio approach during your transformation?
20 minutes of one minute walk and one minute run intervals.
Please list 3 things you learned about exercise, weight training and/or cardio during your transformation that helped you succeed:
- Practice form.
- Finish all your reps.
How are you currently training, and has your training changed since the completion of your transformation?
Harder than ever.
Quintin's Diet And Nutrition Approach
Can you provide us with a sample eating plan (please be specific):
Protein focused diet. Low fat and low sodium intake.
- Meal 1 - 4 whole eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon.
- Meal 2 - 2 Scoops Musclepharm Combat powder.
- Meal 3 (Lunch) - 8oz white meat, 1-2 servings vegetables.
- Meal 4 - 2 Scoops Musclepharm Combat powder.
- Meal 5 (Dinner) - 8oz lean meat, 2 servings of vegetables. One cup of rice every other day.
- Meal 6 - 2 Scoops Musclepharm Combat powder before bed.
Were there any diet/nutrition mistakes you made that you learned from?
Fast food kills your progress. Make sure you get 8 hours of sleep.
Please list 3 things you learned about diet & nutrition during your transformation that helped you succeed:
- Abs are made in the kitchen.
- Drinking plenty of water.
- Plan your meals ahead of time.
Did you allow yourself cheat meals?
Two per month.
What supplements did you use during your transformation?
- Combat Powder
- ZMA Max
- BCAA 3:1:2
- Musclegel Shots
- Shred Matrix
- CLA Core
- Armor V
- Hybrid N.O.
- Battle Fuel
Advice For Others
What are your best tips for someone looking to make their own transformation?
- Stay determined.
- Give it your all.
- Track your progress.
How do you stay motivated? What advice would you give to someone who’s having trouble staying on track?
Always keep in mind the goal that you are trying to reach. “Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret” When in doubt go work out.
More From Quintin Reed
What is your life like now that you’ve made a transformation?
100 times better. I feel like a brand new person.
What motivates you currently to keep improving yourself?
It’s a lifestyle. Also seeing the progress that I have already made. having a great support group such as family and friends to have my back.
Anything else you would like to share?
The gym is my second home!
How can people contact you?
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=668200234
- Twitter: @Man_Of_Fitness
- Email: email@example.com