- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBarbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
EZ Bar Preacher Curl Instructions
The EZ bar preacher curl is a great exercise to isolate the biceps while minimizing the strain on your wrists.
- Adjust the seat on the preacher bench so that your upper arms sit comfortably on the padding when seated.
- Load the desired weight on the barbell.
- Sit on the preacher bench and grip the EZ bar with your hands shoulder-width apart using an underhand (palms facing up) grip. (note: You can use a wide or narrow grip on this exercise)
- Keeping your back straight and eyes facing forward, take the weight off the rack to support it with your arms slightly bent. This is the starting position.
- Slowly bring the weight up until your forearms are at a right angle to the floor.
- Squeeze the bicep at the top of the movement and slowly lower it back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
EZ Bar Preacher Curl Tips
- Keep the motion slow and controlled throughout the set.
- Don't "rest" at the top of the movement.
- Squeeze the biceps as hard as possible as you get the weight to the top.
- Use a wide grip to work the inner biceps and a close grip to work the outer biceps.