- Set both pulleys as high as possible and select the desired weight.
- Grasp both handles with a neutral grip and keep your feet in line with the pulleys..
- Remain upright, keep a slight bend in the elbows, move entirely at the shoulder joint, and pull both handles together in front of your body.
- Slowly lower back to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Don’t squeeze the handles excessively tight as this can over recruit the forearms and biceps thereby reducing activation of the pecs.
- Avoid touching or banging the handles together at peak contraction to keep constant tension on the intended muscle groups.
- Always keep a slight bend in the elbows and never lower the weight to the point where you get any sort of pain and pressure at the front of the shoulder joint.
- Ensure you maintain some tension in your abs and don’t allow your lower back to arch excessively.