- The EZ bar lying tricep extension (AKA skullcrusher) is one of the best tricep building exercises there is. If you get wrist pain doing a regular skullcrusher, you should use the EZ bar. Sit on the end of a flat bench with a barbell on your thighs.
- Grip the EZ bar on the inner grips using an overhand grip.
- Bring the bar up to your chest and lay down on your back.
- Extend your arms straight up above your chest.
- Keeping your elbows fixed in place and not pointing out, slowly lower the bar until it is about an inch from your forehead (hence the name skullcrusher!).
- Pause, and then slowly extend your arms back to the starting position.
- Do not lock your elbows out, and then repeat for desired reps.
- Your elbows should be pointing forward throughout the set - don't let them flare out to the sides.
- Also, don't let your elbows come back or forwards during the set, they should stay fixed.
- Don't lock your elbows out at the top of the movement as this takes the tension off your triceps.