- Select your desired weight and sit on the edge of a flat bench.
- To get into position, lay back and keep the bar close to your chest. Once you are supine, press the weight to lockout.
- Lower the weights towards your head by unlocking the elbows and allowing the ez bar to drop toward your forehead or just above.
- Once your forearms reach parallel or just below, reverse the movement by extending the elbows while flexing the triceps to lockout the weight.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Don’t overextend through the lumbar spine as you lower the weight, keep some tension through the abdominals.
- Exhale as you extend the elbows and lockout the weight overhead.
- If you experience elbow pain during the movement, consider implementing a slight angle (incline or decline) or adjust elbow position (in versus out).
- You may slightly reduce tension through the ligamentous portions of the triceps during the movement by keeping the bar just above your head and not locking out directly over your line of sight.