- Main GoalBuild Muscle
- Workout TypeSplit
- Training LevelIntermediate
- Program Duration12 weeks
- Days Per Week5
- Time Per Workout60-90 minutes
- Equipment RequiredBarbell, Bodyweight, Cables, Dumbbells, Machines
- Target Gender Male
- Workout PDF Download Workout
WWE superstar John Cena used the following 5 day muscle building split to build a good portion of his current mass.
The focus for John is on volume training and getting a good pump.
Despite the notion that John Cena was blessed with amazing genetics, he weighed a mere 120 pounds in high school before hitting the iron.
John currently weighs 240 pounds, and is known for his amazing physique.
Recommended: Need help building muscle? Take our Free Muscle Building Course
John Cena Stats
- Height - 6'1"
- Weight - 240 lbs
- Born - 1977
- Held 19 titles while in the WWE
- Debut - 2001
John Cena Diet Plan
The following is a typical John Cena muscle building eating plan.
- Meal 1 - Oatmeal with applesauce and raisins, 2 whole eggs and 6 egg whites.
- Meal 2 - Protein bar.
- Meal 3 - Brown rice with vegetables, and 2 chicken breasts.
- Meal 4 - Whole wheat pita bread with tuna.
- Meal 5 - Banana and a whey protein shake.
- Meal 6 - Pasta or brown rice, vegetables, salad with chicken or fish.
- Meal 7 - Low fat cottage cheese along with a casein protein shake.
John Cena Workout Routine
Abs Training - John Cena performs one set of 60 crunches following each training day.
Day 1 - Legs and Calves
|Seated Calf Raise||10||10-20|
|Standing Bodyweight Calf Raise||4||25|
|Standing Single Leg Curl||4||20-25|
|Hack Squat (Super set with next exercise)||3||15|
|Single Leg Extension||3||10|
Day 2 - Chest
|Incline Machine Press||3-4||20|
|Incline Bench Press||3-4||20|
Day 3 - Arms
|Standing Barbell Curl||3||10-12|
|Seated Dumbbell Curl||3||10-12|
|Standing Cable Curl||3||12|
|Rope Pressdown (Superset with next exercise)||3||20|
|Single Arm Cable Pressdown||3||10|
|Lying Tricep Extension||6||Failure|
|Overhead EZ Bar Extension||3||20|
|Seated Barbell Tricep Extension||3||20|
Day 4 - Shoulders
|Rear Delt Machine Flyes||5||20|
|Machine Overhead Press||5||20|
|Machine Lateral Raise||5||20|
|Seated Overhead Press||3||10|
|Dumbbell Lateral Raise||3||12|
Day 5 - Back
|Lat Pull Down||5||20|
|One Arm Dumbbell Row||5||12-20|