Squatting Cable Curl Instructions
- The squatting cable curl is a great exercise that allows you to isolate the biceps. Set up for the exercise by attaching a straight bar to the low pulley cable and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Stand facing the cable machine and grasp the bar using an underhand grip (palms facing up) with your hands around shoulder width apart.
- Squat straight down so your buttocks are touching your heels.
- Rest the back of your arms (just behind the elbows) on your knees. Your knees will act as padding to really isolate the biceps.
- To execute, slowly curl the bar up towards your body as far as possible.
- Squeeze the biceps, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- You don't need to use as much weight as normal because you're really isolating the bicep and the movement is much harder than a cable curl.
- For the best results use a very slow rep timing and focus on the stretch and contraction of the muscle.