- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Bodyweight Standing Calf Raise Instructions
For this exercise, all you need is a block or a step and something to help keep your balance.
- Stand with the balls of your feet on the edge of the step/block and let your heels drop down as far as possible. This is the starting position for the movement.
- Slowly raise your heels up as high as possible.
- Pause, and then slowly lower your heels back to the starting position.
- Do not rest at the bottom, and immediately start the next rep.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Bodyweight Standing Calf Raise Tips
- Use the maximum rep range by letting your heels drop as far as possible and raise as high as possible.
- Pause and squeeze for a count of 1-2 at the top of the movement for added intensity.
- Don't rest at the bottom of the movement by pausing. Once your heels are down as far as they go, start the next rep.
- Keep the balls of your feet on the edge of the block/step. If you allow the balls of your feet to come in more, the exercise becomes easier.