I live the lifestyle of always being in shape and lean. I’ve lived this lifestyle since high-school.
- 8 national TV commercials
- 15 national print ad campaigns
- Noted for THE Gatorade commercial. www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DHTC1K6mD8
- Dymatize Nutrition supplement ad campaign
- Magazine features and covers including Fitness RX For Men, Men’s Journal, Flex, Muscle Mag, Reps, Muscular Development, Exercise and Health, Muscle and Fitness, and other fitness/bodybuilding magazines across the world.
- Voted the most ripped fitness model on the planet.
- 2009 - WBFF World Championships - 2nd
- 2008 - FAME American Challenge USA - 2nd
- 2008 - FAME World Championships & Pro Showdown - 2nd
What is your training philosophy?
My training philosophy is all about super-setting between two to three different body-parts. There is no off season for me and I train the same all year round. I super-set about 4 to 5 times a week while weight-training and perform three to four cardio days a week.
What's a good workout that's given you results?
Most exercises are performed as supersets.
Monday - Chest, Biceps and Abs
- Barbell Bench Press / EZ Bar Preacher Curl - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell Bench Press / Standing Dumbbell Curl - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Incline Hammer Strength Bench Press / Standing Barbell Curl - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Pec Dec - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Sit Up - 25-30 reps per set
- Lying Bench Leg Raises - 25-30 reps per set
- Medicine Ball Crunches - 25-30 reps per set
Tuesday - Shoulders and Back
- Standing Dumbbell Press / Wide Grip Pull Up - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Barbell Shrug / Bent Over Row - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell Upright Row / Dumbbell Lateral Raise - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Back Hammer Exercise - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Shoulder Machine Press / Lat Pull Down - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
Wednesday - Legs, Triceps, Calves and Abs
- Squat / Cable Tricep Extension - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Hack Squat / Tricep Dips - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Leg Extension / Dumbbell Tricep Kickback - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Donkey Calf Raise -
- 45 Degree Calf Raise -
- Leg Curl -
- Standing Leg Curl -
- Abs - Same workout as Monday
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Chest, Biceps and Abs
- Light chest and biceps - I randomly pick different chest and bicep exercises different from Monday
- Abs - Same workout as Monday
- Broom Twists
Saturday and Sunday - Rest
If you have to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
- Dumbbell Bench Press - Because I like the explosive feel of the exercise.
- Pull Up - Because it is a very difficult exercise for most men and I like the feeling of working this exercise.
- Leg Curl - As that is an exercise that many people neglect because nobody really sees the back of your leg but I love training this bodypart.
What's the best training tip you could give to others?
Always try to practice great form and make sure you are breathing normally. Don’t try to cheat for the sake of lifting heavy weights.
What is your philosophy on nutrition?
I follow a high protein/low carb diet which allows me to stay lean all year round. I try to incorporate all my carbs by 4pm at the latest. I try not intake carbs late at night as that will store in your body as fat.
Give us a typical day in your off season diet:
There is no off-season for me as I follow a high protein and low carb all year round. I eat about 4 small meals a day. All my proteins consist of chicken and turkey. My carbs consist of oatmeal and pasta at times depending. My diet doesn’t change from off-season to contest prep. There is no off-season for me.
What are your favorite meals and foods?
Favorite cheat food?
What's the best diet tip you could give to others?
Intake all carbs before the evening time and follow a high protein low carb/ low fat diet.
What supplements do you use that give you great results? How do you use them?
- Whey Protein Isolate - Dymatize.
- Kre Alkalyn - K-3.
- I use to take NO-Xplode when I was concentrating on putting on size as that is a great supplement.
What brands do you think are offering the best products at the moment?
What do you think is a good off season muscle building stack?
Like I said before I like NO Xplode a lot.
What do you think is a good pre-contest/fat loss stack?
LipoFusion Xtreme and Thiomocase cream. The cream allows you to remove water deposits from you skin when you are getting ready for a shoot and stage.
Advice For Others
What is the 3 best tips you'd give to men thinking about competing in modelling?
- Remember that if you are consistent with your training and the way you eat that you will eventually continue to grow over many years. Your muscle maturity really kicks in your mid 30’s so remember even if you are as big as you would like to be now doesn’t mean it always be that way. You will produce more muscle in your 30’s then you will ever do in your 20’s.
- Enjoy the process of living the natural health lifestyle. Do not make this your whole life as you will be miserable. Natural bodybuilding should add to your lifestyle not be your whole life.
- Do it 110% percent or don’t do it at all.
What is your best advice for looking your best on competition day?
Get lots of rest, believe in yourself and follow your diet and training plan to the tee.
How do you stay motivated? What advice would you give to someone who's having trouble staying on track?
I stay motivated because it feels to know that you are one of the fittest people in America. Just knowing that feeling keeps me motivated.
What shows have you got coming up, where can we see you compete?
I don’t know if I will ever compete again but if I do it will be the WBFF in Canada.
Who are your favorite idols?
I liked Flex Wheeler a lot back in the day and Lee Haney.
How Can People Contact You?
How can people contact you?