I live the lifestyle of always being in shape and lean. I’ve lived this lifestyle since high-school.
- 8 national TV commercials
- 15 national print ad campaigns
- Noted for THE Gatorade commercial. www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DHTC1K6mD8
- Dymatize Nutrition supplement ad campaign
- Magazine features and covers including Fitness RX For Men, Men’s Journal, Flex, Muscle Mag, Reps, Muscular Development, Exercise and Health, Muscle and Fitness, and other fitness/bodybuilding magazines across the world.
- Voted the most ripped fitness model on the planet.
- 2009 - WBFF World Championships - 2nd
- 2008 - FAME American Challenge USA - 2nd
- 2008 - FAME World Championships & Pro Showdown - 2nd
What is your training philosophy?
My training philosophy is all about super-setting between two to three different body-parts. There is no off season for me and I train the same all year round. I super-set about 4 to 5 times a week while weight-training and perform three to four cardio days a week.
What's a good workout that's given you results?
Most exercises are performed as supersets.
Monday - Chest, Biceps and Abs
- Barbell Bench Press / EZ Bar Preacher Curl - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell Bench Press / Standing Dumbbell Curl - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Incline Hammer Strength Bench Press / Standing Barbell Curl - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Pec Dec - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Sit Up - 25-30 reps per set
- Lying Bench Leg Raises - 25-30 reps per set
- Medicine Ball Crunches - 25-30 reps per set
Tuesday - Shoulders and Back
- Standing Dumbbell Press / Wide Grip Pull Up - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Barbell Shrug / Bent Over Row - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell Upright Row / Dumbbell Lateral Raise - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Back Hammer Exercise - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Shoulder Machine Press / Lat Pull Down - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
Wednesday - Legs, Triceps, Calves and Abs
- Squat / Cable Tricep Extension - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Hack Squat / Tricep Dips - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Leg Extension / Dumbbell Tricep Kickback - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Donkey Calf Raise -
- 45 Degree Calf Raise -
- Leg Curl -
- Standing Leg Curl -
- Abs - Same workout as Monday
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Chest, Biceps and Abs
- Light chest and biceps - I randomly pick different chest and bicep exercises different from Monday
- Abs - Same workout as Monday
- Broom Twists
Saturday and Sunday - Rest
If you have to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
- Dumbbell Bench Press - Because I like the explosive feel of the exercise.
- Pull Up - Because it is a very difficult exercise for most men and I like the feeling of working this exercise.
- Leg Curl - As that is an exercise that many people neglect because nobody really sees the back of your leg but I love training this bodypart.
What's the best training tip you could give to others?
Always try to practice great form and make sure you are breathing normally. Don’t try to cheat for the sake of lifting heavy weights.
What is your philosophy on nutrition?
I follow a high protein/low carb diet which allows me to stay lean all year round. I try to incorporate all my carbs by 4pm at the latest. I try not intake carbs late at night as that will store in your body as fat.
Give us a typical day in your off season diet:
There is no off-season for me as I follow a high protein and low carb all year round. I eat about 4 small meals a day. All my proteins consist of chicken and turkey. My carbs consist of oatmeal and pasta at times depending. My diet doesn’t change from off-season to contest prep. There is no off-season for me.
What are your favorite meals and foods?
Favorite cheat food?
What's the best diet tip you could give to others?
Intake all carbs before the evening time and follow a high protein low carb/ low fat diet.
What supplements do you use that give you great results? How do you use them?
- Whey Protein Isolate - Dymatize.
- Kre Alkalyn - K-3.
- I use to take NO-Xplode when I was concentrating on putting on size as that is a great supplement.
What brands do you think are offering the best products at the moment?
Dymatize products, BSN products and Powerzone products.
What do you think is a good off season muscle building stack?
Like I said before I like NO Xplode a lot.
What do you think is a good pre-contest/fat loss stack?
LipoFusion Xtreme and Thiomocase cream. The cream allows you to remove water deposits from you skin when you are getting ready for a shoot and stage.
Advice For Others
What is the 3 best tips you'd give to men thinking about competing in modelling?
- Remember that if you are consistent with your training and the way you eat that you will eventually continue to grow over many years. Your muscle maturity really kicks in your mid 30’s so remember even if you are as big as you would like to be now doesn’t mean it always be that way. You will produce more muscle in your 30’s then you will ever do in your 20’s.
- Enjoy the process of living the natural health lifestyle. Do not make this your whole life as you will be miserable. Natural bodybuilding should add to your lifestyle not be your whole life.
- Do it 110% percent or don’t do it at all.
What is your best advice for looking your best on competition day?
Get lots of rest, believe in yourself and follow your diet and training plan to the tee.
How do you stay motivated? What advice would you give to someone who's having trouble staying on track?
I stay motivated because it feels to know that you are one of the fittest people in America. Just knowing that feeling keeps me motivated.
What shows have you got coming up, where can we see you compete?
I don’t know if I will ever compete again but if I do it will be the WBFF in Canada.
Who are your favorite idols?
I liked Flex Wheeler a lot back in the day and Lee Haney.
How Can People Contact You?
How can people contact you?
- My website: www.obiobadike.com
- My email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/obadike1
- Twitter: twitter.com/obadike1
Obi! I love your humble demeanor and your maintenance of your physique all year round which is only common among those who truly love what they do and live it daily outside of competitions. Keep it up and continue changing the world bro. As a Nigerian-Canadian, I am very proud of what you have accomplished and what you are doing in our country to help obesity, diabetes and hypertension. I am also in the fight helping others here in North America and back home.
hello frind nise pic u have im also trainor in fittness club.i try myself to be mass same yr body but i can b success.but i did good for my players.they r boxer andkick boxer and soccer.
Obei u truely are a big influence in my life, i seen plenty magazine and photos of u . Im pretty much lean out and ripped. Im 5'9 178lbs 27" waist 4percent bodyfat. U really motivated me to do what i do day in day out thank u soo much.
obi height is 5.8 not 6.2
Hey Obi, great body, insane workout too. Do you think i can get to where you are without supplement use, just pure healthy diet?
Hello Obi, my name is Rico and I started exercising 3 years ago when I started I was 138lbs, now I’m 180lbs and a 10% body fat, im 5’9 and I work out five days a week, I do something similar to your routine and I do abs and L.I. cardio on Mon, wed and Friday morning so those three days I go to the gym twice a day, my diet has been 60% PROT, 20% starch and 20% veggies. I picked up a modeling gig on line while a was looking for a part time job and ever since I have been involved in a lot of fitness and marketing clothes photo shoots but now I wanna take it to the next level. How can you look your best (shredded) for all shoots, I had 3 shoots last month and one every weekend on the next month , I was using a 6 day peak technique to prepare for a shoot but I don’t know if is good to do that for a whole month, what can you recommend, Thanks. Ricarroyo at live . com
hey i'm big fan of your's i m just working hard for achieving body like you
so i need so help here, i mean is that your real workout MR.Obi?
can i incorporate it in my schedule? and wht abt cardio?
if i want to be incredibly defined like u, how much cardio shall i do? and how do u get those abs to just pop out like that? do u do heavy weighted ab building workouts or just crunches, or just a lot of cardio? im already very low body fat. i can see my abs well and by shoulders are defined and all, but not that much. any advice for getting to nearly 0 bodyfat like u?
This would be a great question for the forum. You will receive some helpful advice.
I'm trying to get my abs defined I have a four pack but the last two wont come in what tip do you have that may help me get moredefined abs and the bottom two to come in as well.
That is an incredible body. I use to be ripped in High School 6'2" 165lbs. That was 23 years and I put on way too much weight (up to 315 in Oct 2009). I made it my quest this year to put myself back together and body a fitness physique like yours or at least to my genetic potential. I'm down to 293 and dropping more weekly. I also like the workout plan you have in place.
This is a great website (just stumbled on it a week or 2 ago). Also, the profile is a great source of useful info.
How are you? You look great! Hope to see you in Atlanta this year!
I look forward to seeing you too Laurie
You definitely holdin' it down for all igbo boys far and wide. Almost kind of surprised to see you use your name so proud fully (u'd be amazed how many of us Nigerians reach your kind of success and get cute with the name changes...thank you) ~peace~
That's an absolutely phenomenal physique. Obi you're an inspiration to me. Seeing a natural physique like that gives me something to keep working for. Hopefully we'll be seeing you on more magazine covers in future!
Thanks Gregg for the kind compliments!