Standing Dumbbell Press Instructions
- The standing dumbbell press is one of the most popular mass builders for the shoulders! Set up for the exercise by grabbing a pair of dumbbells and standing straight up with your feet around shoulder width apart.
- Raise the dumbbells to shoulder height on each side, and twist so that your palms are facing forward.
- Keep your head up and eyes facing forward. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Slowly raise the dumbbells above your head until your arms are almost fully extended.
- Do not pause at the top of the movement, and immediately begin lowering the dumbbells back down to the starting position.
- Repeat this movement for the desired amount of reps.
- The standing dumbbell press is a solid mass building compound movement that can add serious mass when using heavy weights WITH correct form. Many lifters let the form go and add weight too quickly. This will at times result in an injury and could hinder your shoulder gains.
- Always use the longest range of motion possible and control the dumbbells throughout the set.
- If you have lower back issues, it is best to perform this exercise seated - with your back flat against a back rest.