- Main GoalBuild Muscle
- Workout TypeSplit
- Training LevelIntermediate
- Program Duration8 weeks
- Days Per Week4
- Time Per Workout45-60 minutes
- Equipment RequiredBarbell, Cables, Dumbbells, Machines
- Target Gender Male & Female
- Workout PDF Download Workout
Welcome to Shaun's 4 day muscle building split workout! This workout was designed by Shaun and should be used by those looking to build muscle and/or gain weight.
- Remember as always to warm up properly 5-10 mins cardio and stretching,
- Always complete warmup sets before the first exercise, one set little to no weight 15-20 reps and one set 50% of starting weight 15 reps.
- I have listed some good supersets and drop sets in the notes to use in this routine, remember not to over use them!
- 2-1-2 rep timing to be used with this routine.
- Ab exercises on Mon and Thurs, 2 exercises 3 sets each exercise at the end of workout.
- Monday - Chest, Triceps, Abs
- Tuesday - Legs
- Wednesday - Rest
- Thursday - Shoulders and Abs
- Friday - Back and Biceps
- Saturday - Rest
- Sunday - Rest
Recommended: Need help building muscle? Take our Free Muscle Building Course
4 Day Muscle Building Workout Split
Monday - Chest & Triceps
|Incline Dumbbell Press||4||8-10|
|Flat Bench Press||4||8-10|
|Incline Dumbbell Flyes||3||10|
|Close Grip Bench Press||3||10|
|Overhead Rope Extensions||3||10|
Notes: Alternate between DB and Barbell for the incline bench press exercises. Alternate between flat bench and incline DB flyes. Superset: DB press with DB flyes.
Tuesday - Legs
|Squat||4||12, 10, 8, 6|
|Stiff Leg Deadlift||4||10|
|Smith Machine Calf Raises||4||12|
|Seated Calf Raise||4||8|
Notes: Superset leg press with leg extensions. Triple drop set on leg curl machine.
Thursday - Shoulders
|Dumbbell Lateral Raises||3||10|
|Bent Over Reverse Crossovers||3||10|
Notes: Military press in front of head, use full range of movement right down in front of the shoulders. Superset Olympic bar shurgs and Plate shrugs for 10 reps on each 3 sets.
Friday - Back and Biceps
|Wide Grip Pull Up||4||10|
|Lat Pull Down||4||10|
|Seated Cable Rows||4||10|
|Bent Over Barbell Row||4||10|
|Standing Barbell Curl||3||8-10|
|Seated Alternate Dumbbell Curl||3||8-10|
Notes: Try negatives if you dont have a spotter or assisted pullup machine. Dropset: Lat pulldowns