High Pulley Overhead Tricep Extension (rope extension) Instructions
- Attach a rope to a cable stack as high as possible and assume a standing position.
- Utilize a split stance, grasp the rope overhead with a neutral grip (palms facing), and lean forward by hinging at the hips.
- Initiate the movement by extending the elbows and flexing the triceps.
- Pull the rope downward until the elbows are almost locked out and then slowly lower under control back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
High Pulley Overhead Tricep Extension (rope extension) Tips
- If you want to keep more tension in the triceps, don’t lock the elbows out entirely.
- Don’t allow the rope to pull you backwards or cause you to overarch throughout your lumbar spine.
- You may need to tuck the chin slightly to allow the rope to travel overhead and not graze the back of your head.
- Ensure the shoulder blades don’t tilt forward as you extend the elbows.