- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePush (Bilateral)
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
High Pulley Overhead Tricep Extension (rope extension) Overview
The overhead rope tricep extension is a variation of the rope tricep extension and an exercise used to build the muscles of the triceps.
Overhead tricep extension variations are especially good at targetting the long head of the triceps. The denser your long head muscle is, the overall larger the triceps appear.
Well-built triceps also have a lot of positive carryover into your pressing movements such as bench press variations and shoulder press variations.
The overhead rope tricep extension can be included in your tricep workouts, upper body workouts, push workouts, and full body workouts.
High Pulley Overhead Tricep Extension (rope extension) Instructions
- Attach a rope to a cable stack as high as possible and assume a standing position.
- Utilize a split stance, grasp the rope overhead with a neutral grip (palms facing), and lean forward by hinging at the hips.
- Initiate the movement by extending the elbows and flexing the triceps.
- Pull the rope downward until the elbows are almost locked out and then slowly lower under control back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
High Pulley Overhead Tricep Extension (rope extension) Tips
- If you want to keep more tension in the triceps, don’t lock the elbows out entirely.
- Don’t allow the rope to pull you backwards or cause you to overarch throughout your lumbar spine.
- You may need to tuck the chin slightly to allow the rope to travel overhead and not graze the back of your head.
- Ensure the shoulder blades don’t tilt forward as you extend the elbows.
I'm doing this exercise at the gym where I live. Is it good to gain in size of triceps?. Which one is better for that, this one, overhead, or the other in which we are facing the machine?. I'm planning to use both....
actually i want to gain my musscle size with proper cutting,,so can u plz suggest me that which suppliment is usefull for me,, or can u plz suggest me diet plan which help to me gain size,,,,, my hieght is 5'10 or weight is 74kg... plz give me ur rep on my mail id....