- Main GoalBuild Muscle
- Workout TypeFull Body
- Training LevelBeginner
- Program Duration8 weeks
- Days Per Week3
- Time Per Workout30 minutes
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight, Dumbbells
- Target Gender Male
- Recommended Supps
- Workout PDF Download Workout
Stuck at home and only have dumbbells? Maybe you're in a rut and what to try something different?
The dumbbell only home or gym full body workout focuses on the use of heavy compound lifts, and allows you to maximize muscle gains with minimal equipment. This workout can be run for an extended period of time. As long as you are experiencing strength and muscle gains, stick with this routine! Here are some key elements to maximizing progress:
- Progression. Never waste a set. Always push for more reps on every set using good form. When you can hit the top level of the recommended rep range on your first set of an exercise, add weight! This means that if an exercise calls for 3 sets of 6 to 12 reps, and on your first set you can perform 12 reps, add more weight the next time you perform this exercise.
- Failure. Do NOT train to failure. Train to the point where you believe you might fail if you attempt another rep.
- Food. You MUST eat more then it takes to maintain your bodyweight to pack on muscle mass. If you do not do this, you may add strength, but it will be very difficult to add muscle.
A note for women: Women can perform this workout. Recommend rep range is 10 to 15 for most sets.
You will be working out 3 days per week - Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Do not add additional exercises into this workout. Cardio can be performed first thing in the morning, or post-resistance training.
Recommended: Need help building muscle? Take our Free Muscle Building Course
Monday - Full Body
|Dumbbell Bench Press||3||6-12|
|One Arm Dumbbell Row||3||6-12|
|Standing Dumbbell Curl||3||6-12|
|Two Arm Seated Dumbbell Extension||3||6-12|
Wednesday - Full Body
|Dumbbell Step Up||3||6-12|
|Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlift||3||6-12|
|Seated Dumbbell Press||3||6-12|
|Standing One Leg Dumbbell Calf Raise||3||10-20|
|Dumbbell Side Bends||3||10-15|
Friday - Full Body
|Dumbbell Floor Press||3||6-12|
|Wide Grip Pull Up||3||6-12|
|Standing Hammer Curl||3||6-12|
|Lying Dumbbell Extension||3||6-12|
|Lying Floor Leg Raise||3||10-25|