- Lay supine in a relaxed position with your legs straight and your hands underneath your low back for support.
- Keep your legs straight and raise them towards your forehead while contracting your abdominals and exhaling.
- Once your abs are fully contracted and your legs are slightly above parallel, slowly lower your legs back to the starting position.
- Complete for the assigned number of repetitions.
- Exhale hard like you’re blowing out candles on a cake and hold the contraction for a second in order to improve mind muscle connection.
- If your lower back bothers you during this exercise, choose more anti extension and anti rotation based movements.
- Avoid putting the hands behind the head as this can lead to excess strain upon the neck.