Seated Dumbbell Tricep Extension Instructions
- Select the desired weight from the rack and position an adjustable bench at 90 degrees.
- To get into position, sit in an upright position and lift the dumbbell to the top of your shoulder. Take a deep breath, overlap your hands around the dumbbell, then press it into position overhead.
- Maintain an overlapping grip and slowly lower the dumbbell behind your head by unlocking your elbows.
- Once your forearms reach parallel or just below, drive the dumbbell back to the starting point by extending the elbows and flexing the triceps.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Seated Dumbbell Tricep Extension Tips
- Don’t overextend through the lumbar spine, keep your ribcage down by maintaining tension through the abs and glutes.
- Using a slow eccentric (lowering portion) of the exercise can help to improve tension and mind muscle connection.
- Keep the head in a fairly neutral position, don’t allow the neck to jut forward as this may place excessive pressure on the cervical spine.