- Set up for the two arm dumbbell extension by sitting on a 90 degree bench holding a dumbbell above your head using both hands.
- Be sure that the dumbbell is secure by holding it with both palms facing upward.
- Keep your feet flat on the floor and your back straight. This is the starting position.
- Keeping your head up and eyes facing forward, slowly lower the dumbbell behind your head as far as possible, moving only at your elbow joints.
- Pause, and then slowly extend your arms back to the starting position, squeezing the triceps.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Keep the rep timing slow and controlled.
- Don't "rest" at the top of the movement by locking your elbows out.
- Focus on keeping your body as still as possible, moving only your forearms.
- Don't let your elbows flare out as you move the dumbbell.