- Grasp a pair of dumbbells and sit on the end of a flat bench with the dumbbells resting on your thighs.
- Lie back on the bench and extend the dumbbells above your head. The dumbbells should not be touching and you should be using a neutral grip (palms facing each other).
- Bending at the elbows only, keeping your elbows fixed and pointing at your hips, slowly lower the dumbbells down beside your head until they are about level with your ears.
- Pause and squeeze the triceps. Then raise the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Do not lock the elbows out, and then repeat for desired reps.
- It's important to keep your elbows in and facing toward your hips. Don't let them flare out as you lower the dumbbells down.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight throughout the set.