Body Transformation: Chris Heitman Went From Soft To Rock Hard!

Categories: Articles Motivation
After Stats
  • Weight
    165 lbs
  • Bodyfat
  • Height
    5'6"
Editor's Note: Everyone is different and these results may not be typical for the average person. To achieve these results you need to be willing to put in the work both in the gym and in the kitchen. Use this transformation for motivation for you to make the changes you want!
At 215 pounds and 26% bodyfat, Chris Heitman was muscular but carrying a lot of excess fat. He dropped 50 pounds and 21% bodyfat, and is now shredded.

Lifestyle Prior To Change

I injured my back playing football my sophomore year of high school.  After the injury I lived a very sedentary lifestyle, mainly watching television, playing computer games, and eating corn dogs.  I had become overweight and very disgusted with my appearance.  My older brothers, Mike and Dave, got me into the gym when I was 17 and I haven't stopped since.

What was your turning point?

Seeing myself out of shape, getting winded by just going for a short run, having two older brothers that were into working out.

What Was Your Exercise Plan?

Chris Heitman Natural BodybuilderI utilized a low carb, high protein diet along with a stringent workout program.  My friends in high school would go to the gym with me after school and that became our “hang out.”  We would sometimes spend four hours in the gym, maybe about half the time working out and the rest just standing around talking.  When I began college I did my research into nutrition and detailed my plan of action, actually writing my diet plan down, weighing food, counting calories, and fine tuning my diet.  I also had the luxury of having my best friend, Tuan Tran, going to college with me who began his degree in Nutrition.  I then became his guinea pig and we were off to the races.

Current training routine

What Was Your Diet Plan?

I used a low carb/high protein diet, consuming mainly lean meats such as chicken breasts, turkey breasts, fish, lean beef, venison, etc. and green vegetables such as lettuce, broccoli, asparagus, etc.  I spaced my meals around two and a half to three hours apart, consuming around 40-50 grams of protein and 20 grams of carbohydrates with each meal.  This usually came out to around 6-7 meals and 250-350 grams of protein per day.

Sample diet plan

• Meal 1 (6:00 am) – Oatmeal, Whey Protein, Coffee
  • Meal 2 (8:30 am) – Lean Meat and Vegetables
  • Meal 3 (11:00 am) – Lean Meat and Vegetables
  • Meal 4 (1:30 pm) – Lean Meat and Vegetables
  • Meal 5 (4:00 pm) – Pre-workout shake, Whey Protein and Nitric Oxide Product
  • Meal 5 (7:00 pm) – Lean Meat and Vegetables
  • Meal 6 (late night snack) – Cottage Cheese and Fresh Fruit

What supplements did you use?

Whey protein, nitric oxide product, and a fat burner when I start my pre-contest diet.

What Is Your Life Like Now?

Chris Heitman MusclemaniaLife is ggggggreat! I recently became a professional natural bodybuilder, I met the woman of my dreams, I started my own business online, and work is going steady as an engineer.  I am able to get unbelievable workouts with my strength increasing every day.  I am able to enjoy life and benefit from the daily blessings of a healthy lifestyle.  Currently I’m getting ready for my first pro-show here in Houston.  Afterwards it will be on to the Musclemania Universe in Miami, Florida.  Being a positive influence to others would certainly be one of the top benefits to my lifestyle, which propels me further in my endeavors.

Advice for others

Don’t give up and just keep at it.  Health should be one of your top priorities. Live life to its fullest.  Life is too short to waste it on the couch.

More from Chris Heitman

I would like to thank everyone for reading this; there is a certain energy that one obtains by sharing their experiences with others.  Stay positive and keep moving forward.

21 Comments
Bartosz Lewicki
Posted on: Sat, 10/15/2016 - 08:40

I wanted to share with you my One Year transformation. I am little bit proud of it:

chrrez!

Matt
Posted on: Sat, 01/03/2015 - 20:40

Hey man I weigh 217 and need to be 175 I need a little guidance on how to approach this people say ohh!! Take these pills and workout and you'll lose weight my dumbass believes it. It didn't do anything so if u can help me out thanks. Also need a diet plan !!!!!!!

Ashley
Posted on: Fri, 10/25/2013 - 18:17

If you did all this completely natural then I am impressed ..and your before and after photo is a living testament of what is possible.. Well done, the hard work and dedication it takes to do this daily is awesome...well balanced and inspiring.

tom
Posted on: Sat, 06/28/2014 - 11:11

If you read the article it clearly states he was already muscular from athletics, he just became over weight. It is FAR easier to lose weight/fat, than it is to build muscle. So, it really isn't that impressive. Look up skinny to buff transformations,..that is far more impressive.

nikhil bakliwal
Posted on: Wed, 06/12/2013 - 09:19

hi , can u plz tell me what is abs workout routine

HenD
Posted on: Tue, 04/16/2013 - 17:34

Nice work man.

sarfaraz
Posted on: Sat, 10/13/2012 - 08:21

Very smart body i also want to look like u

Greg Dasenbrock
Posted on: Mon, 05/14/2012 - 13:27

Awesome work Chris!

ben
Posted on: Thu, 05/10/2012 - 17:41

Good work Chris, great transformation,wondering how long it took you to go from the shape you were till no.

Richard downie
Posted on: Sun, 04/15/2012 - 11:24

Man great job , im 225 but would like to be about 190 should I do weights or cardio?

james
Posted on: Sun, 11/27/2011 - 22:47

i like to know how can i get my self to look like that .i have been workout for 1 year now and i have been going by lou ferrigno exercises .just dont what i'm doing wong .i was hopeing you can help me if you will.

B.h
Posted on: Wed, 04/27/2011 - 17:59

Great physique
But what about good fats in your diet plan !!!
U didnt mention your cosuming of fat
Also how many years have u been training hard

connor lamont
Posted on: Fri, 03/04/2011 - 01:15

hey, im currently in my 11th grade of high school, am roughly 5'10, 20% body fat and 200 lbs. ive been lifting weights religiously 5-6 times a week for about a year and a half as well as playing rugby and football, but cant seem to lose my gut. I'm trying to get my nutrition in order, but it's really hard to keep everything steady, as well as maintaining 6 meals a day when my science classes coincide with the times im supposed to be eating. have you got any advice, i find your story very inspiring

edison avenido
Posted on: Sat, 11/13/2010 - 10:24

for a 130 lbs person how many protein should i put in my diet to have a lean 6 packs abs? not that bulky... :D

lawrence
Posted on: Tue, 01/14/2014 - 17:24

triple your bodyweight, thats the amount of protein you must consume each day
for example: 130x3= 0,390lbs ;)

Kingshuk
Posted on: Tue, 08/24/2010 - 09:44

Hey! Can you tell me more of back injury you had. I have a lower back injury and it is killing me by days. I am not able to perform my maximum while squats and deadlifts. Can you recommend some exercise to recover quickly.

Gulfi
Posted on: Sun, 10/16/2011 - 23:24

Do lot of Hyperextensions !!!
Do core strengthening exercises !!!
Before all these .. first consult a Ortho or physiotherapist for your back problem..
these exercise can only prevent your pain.. but wont heal your wound.. i mean anything if happened inside your body in ur lower back ...

gabe
Posted on: Fri, 07/16/2010 - 01:12

hey i was just wondering what was the back injury you did cause ive got a back injury and seeing this has inspired me!

Vincent Param
Posted on: Wed, 04/14/2010 - 19:50

how long did it take to transform yourself?

Luis
Posted on: Wed, 03/24/2010 - 21:18

Were you going heavy or light weight? How many sets and reps of each workout?

Jose
Posted on: Tue, 03/23/2010 - 21:53

How many calories did you consume in a day ?

Free Workouts & Expert Advice

Get a weekly email with the latest workouts, tools, expert guides and deals from M&S.