Leslie Draper is an Optometric Physician. She considers herself a "family" person, and family is a big part of her life. Leslie is also a "beach girl", and dislikes cold weather.
As a teenager, Leslie dreamed of competing in figure and fitness. Besides her love for weight training, Leslie is also a long distance runner, and has completed several marathons. After college, she began training specifically so she could "hit the stage".
What is your competition history?
- 2007: NPC Eastern Seaboard
- 2008: INBF Southern Natural - 1st Short, 1st Lightweight
What workout works best for you?
Leslie Draper performs 4 sets of 9 reps per exercise. The ninth rep will be very difficulty to complete. Leslie uses the following training split:
- Monday: Legs. Leslie Draper leads off with squats, deadlifts, the barbell lunge and the 45 degree leg press.
- Tuesday: Chest and Triceps. For chest work, Leslie focuses on incline pressing movements and the chest dip.
- Wednesday: Cardio and Abs.
- Thursday: Back and Biceps. Wide grip pull up, lat pull down, various rows, followed by Zottman curls and the standing hammer curl.
- Friday: Shoulders, Calves and Abs. Leslie uses the clean and press and a primary mass builder.
- Saturday and Sunday: Cardio and Abs.
Do you make any pre-contest adjustments to your training?
During the pre-contest phase, Leslie Draper adds 45 minutes of light intensity cardio in the morning, and HIIT if needed.
What is your least favorite training exercise?
Nutrition And Supplementation
What is your philosophy on nutrition?
Leslie keeps her meals pretty much the same year around, and adjust carbs based on her overall conditioning. She also varies her veggie source, for variety and health. Leslie Draper eats a lot of green vegetables.
Give us a typical day in your diet (off season):
- Meal 1 - Egg whites, an egg yolk and oatmeal.
- Meal 2 - Turkey, potato, and a large salad with mustard.
- Meal 3 - Chocolate protein powder and oatmeal.
- Meal 4 - Turkey, sweet potato and green veggies.
- Meal 5 - Top round beef and potato.
- Meal 6 - Chocolate protein powder and oatmeal.
Note: Leslie Draper will eat protein powder and oatmeal as a protein bar, or as chocolate oatmeal.
What are your favorite meals and foods?
Leslie enjoys nachos covered with lettuce, fresh tomato, cheese, beef and beans.
Favorite cheat food?
Brownies, pizza, cheesecake, and, of course, nachos.
What supplement(s) do you use that give you great results? How do you use them?
Leslie Draper is a big fan of chocolate protein powder. Her favorite brand is Muscle Provider, because of its versatility and ease of use.
Advice For Others
What are the 3 best tips you'd give to women thinking about competing in figure?
- Be patient.
- Diet and training have to be perfect.
- Hard work may not always show up right away with results.
What would you like to achieve in your figure career?
Leslie Draper wants to compete at least once a year, instead of the 3-4 shows per year that she had been doing. This will allow her to focus more on training and improvements.
How Can People Contact You?
How can people contact you?
- Myspace at www.myspace.com/fitleslie