- 1997 St-Jean-sur-Richelieu Championship – 1st in Junior Heavyweight and 1st Overall champion
- 2000 Québec Tested – 1st in Light Heavyweight and 1st Overall champion
- 2000 Provincial Championship – 1st in Light Heavyweight
- 2005 FAME Montreal – 1st in Light Heavyweight and 1st Overall champion (PRO CARD)
- 2006 FAME Pro World Championship – 5th place pro division
- 2007 FAME Pro World Championship – 8th place pro division
- 2008 FAME Pro World Championship – 6th place pro division
- 2008 IDFA Canadian Classic VI – 1st place & overall pro champion
- 2009 Canadian Natural Physiques Championships - 1st place light heavyweight and 1st overall champion
- 2009 Musclemania New York - 1st place heavyweight and 1st overall champion
- 2009 IDFA Canadian Classic VII & Pro Universe - 1st place & overall pro champion
- 2009 Musclemania Pro World Championship Las Vegas - 1st place
What is your background and how did you get started in bodybuilding?
I used to be a dedicated soccer player for almost 10 years. However, I wanted to build more muscle so that I could physically surpass myself. Little did I know that I would like it so much (the training) that I would begin to take it more seriously, and read many books about bodybuilding and nutrition. A fellow bodybuilder and I learned all the basics of training and nutrition so we could both ultimately improve our physiques. The significant physical progress I made led me to compete at my first natural bodybuilding show 2 years later. I then became more and more dedicated to this wonderful sport.
Why do you love bodybuilding?
Because I believe bodybuilding is a mental and physical art form in which you become the master of your own creation. It challenges me both mentally and physically. My love for bodybuilding continuously drives me to improve my mind and body in order to build the strongest mental strength I possibly can, and shape my body the way I desire within the limits of my natural genetics. Bodybuilding also helps me to maintain my focus so I don't stray away from my aspirations.
What is your training philosophy?
I believe the mind is the ignition to everything that we’ve ever dreamed of being in our life, and the body is the vehicle that will drive us to its destination. The more difficult the path, the stronger the mind and the body must be in order to overcome the obstacles that people will inevitably be faced with to succeed. The mind and the body must therefore work in unison but still respect the natural limits of each element.
My training isn’t different on or off season. However, I’m always striving to gain muscle mass on my upper body in order to balance out my look with my imposing legs, which are the result of numerous years playing soccer. That being said, when I’m preparing for a show, a guest pose or a competition, only my diet plan will change to obtain the look I’m searching for.
What's a good workout routine that has given you results?
|Monday - Back and Chest|
|Wide Grip Pull Up||4||Maximum|
|Barbell Bench Press||4||8 to 10|
|Bent Over Row||4||8 to 10|
|Incline Dumbbell Bench Press||4||8 to 10|
|Seated Cable Row (Medium Grip)||3||8 to 10|
|Seated Pec Press Machine||3||8 to 10|
|Close Grip T-Bar Row||3||12|
|Tuesday - Shoulders and Arms|
|Shoulders and Arms|
|Seated Dumbbell Press||3||8 to 10|
|Standing Barbell Curl||3||8 to 10|
|Close Grip Bench Press||3||8 to 10|
|Lean Away Dumbbell Lateral Raise||4||8 to 10|
|Alternating Standing Dumbbell Curl||4||8 to 10|
|Weighted Tricep Dips||4||8 to 10|
|Bent Over Dumbbell Reverse Fly||3||8 to 10|
|45 Degree Incline Hammer Curl||3||8 to 10|
|Cable Tricep Extension w/ EZ Bar||3||8 to 10|
|Wednesday - Legs|
|Front Squat||4||8 to 10|
|Leg Curl||4||8 to 10|
|45 Degree Leg Press||3||8 to 10|
|Standing Leg Curl||3||8 to 10|
|Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlift||3||12|
Friday: Same as Monday
Saturday: Same as Tuesday
If you have to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
What's the best training tip you could give to others?
Focus on form not on weight.
What is your philosophy on nutrition?
I believe nutrition is responsible for 80% of the health and look a person wants to acquire.
Give us a typical day in your off season diet:
I eat the same thing every day with little variations. I eat 6 meals a day:
- Breakfast: Oatmeal mixed with ALLMAX vanilla AllWhey protein.
- Meal 2 & 4: Horse meat, red potatoes and green vegetables (any kind).
- Meal 3 & 5: Chicken, basmati rice and green vegetables (any kind).
- Post work-out: ALLMAX vanilla AllWhey protein mixed with juice (orange and banana) or ALLMAX waxymaize.
I usually have a cheat day per week in the off-season; Saturday or Sunday, depending on my plans with my family or friends.
Give us a typical day in your diet (contest prep):
Same as my off-season diet…I’ll do more cardio to obtain a particular look!
What are your favorite meals and foods?
My breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Indeed, my oatmeal is hot and tastes of vanilla, which I like very much.
Favorite cheat food?
What's the best nutrition tip you could give to others?
Your food is your fuel. Always consume excellent quality foods to be at your best, both mentally and physically.
What supplements do you use that give you great results? How do you use them?
- ALLMAX Nutrition Muscleprime as a pre-workout booster. It gives the mental focus and energy I need for my morning workouts since I start my day as early as 4AM.
- ALLMAX Nutrition IsoFlex whey protein. It's essential in preserving and building my lean body mass when consuming solid protein isn’t the best option.
- ALLMAX Nutrition Rapidcuts. It compliments my strict diet plan and intense workouts so I can achieve the best condition possible in natural bodybuilding shows.
What brands do you think are offering the best products at the moment?
Right now, I think ALLMAX Nutrition is at the top of their game.
What do you think is a good off season muscle building stack?
The muscle building stack that works for me is ALLMAX Nutrition Muscleprime, beta-alanine, creatine, arginine and taurine in a shaker prior to my training session as well as ALLMAX Nutrition Leutor caplets 30 minutes before going to the gym. I also use ALLMAX Nutrition QuickMass once or twice a day.
What do you think is a good pre-contest/fat loss stack?
Advice For Others
What are the 3 best tips you'd give to someone thinking about competing in natural bodybuilding?
- Believe in yourself.
- Don’t let people discourage you into thinking that you can’t achieve a world class physique naturally.
- Be motivated, dedicated and disciplined in your workouts and diet plan so that you can direct your energy toward achieving your personal fitness objectives.
What is your best advice for looking your best on competition day?
Do it only for yourself - you have to compete against yourself and be better than your last competition. You must seek to be your best and not only the best on competition day since surpassing yourself is more gratifying than beating other competitors.
How do you stay motivated? What advice would you give to someone who's having trouble staying on track?
Visualizing yourself on stage is motivating and so in seeing you progress day after day. Stay on track so that you can see your progress and be motivated by it.
What shows have you got coming up, where can we see you compete?
For now, I have plans of opening a fitness center this year so my energy is directed toward this objective. Moreover, my family is growing as my 2nd child is supposed to be born in May 2010. So there is a lot happening for me in my personal life. However, a second participation at the Musclemania Pro World Championship 2010 show in Las Vegas would be of great interest to me.
What would you like to achieve in your natural bodybuilding career?
I would like to be recognized as a healthy individual in every area possible. Also, I would like to promote the sport and its natural way so that I can inspire more people in believing that it is possible to do it naturally and healthily. Finally, I am humbly able to say I won the Musclemania Pro World Championship in Las Vegas in 2009. It was a big accomplishment for me and the victory will stay in my mind for a very long time.
Who are your favorite bodybuilders and idols?
I don't have a preferred bodybuilder because I believe that all dedicated natural bodybuilders are inspirations to all fitness enthusiasts.
How Can People Contact You?
How can people contact you?
People can contact me through Facebook.
For information about booking for modeling assignments or appearances, please contact me at email@example.com until my website officially is up and running. It should be active very shortly.