Incline Hammer Curl Instructions
- Set up for the incline hammer curl by setting the bench at a 30-45 degree incline and sitting a pair of dumbbells at the end. The lower the incline, the more challenging the exercise will be so 30 degrees is preferred.
- Sit on the bench, pick up the dumbbells and lay back with your back flat on the padding.
- You should be holding the dumbbells with an neutral grip, palms facing in towards your body.
- Take up the slack in your arms by slightly bending them, as this will put tension on the biceps. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your elbows fixed, slowly curl the dumbbells up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the biceps at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower the weights back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Your elbows should not move throughout the movement. Only your forearms should be moving.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the dumbbells on the way down.