- Main GoalBuild Muscle
- Workout TypeSingle Muscle Group
- Training LevelIntermediate
- Program Duration8 weeks
- Days Per Week1
- Time Per Workout30-45 minutes
- Equipment RequiredBarbell, Bodyweight, Cables
- Target Gender Male & Female
- Recommended Supps
- Workout PDF Download Workout
Welcome to the 8 week intense back workout! This workout has been adapted from my 8 week intense back workout article. This back workout uses variety and intensity to really hit the back hard and make those stubborn muscle grow!
You should do this workout once per week along with the rest of your training. There are a total of 4 different workouts below, these need to be cycled over 8 weeks as instructed.
- Perform a 5 minute cardio warm-up before each workout.
- Perform 2 light sets before starting working phase.
- Strict technique on all exercises. (see back exercises)
- Aim to improve at least one aspect of your workout each week.
Weekly Workout Routines:
|Workout #1 - Weeks 1 and 5|
|Wide grip pull ups||4||MAX|
|Superset lat pull down / seated row||4||10 on each exercise|
|Bent over barbell row||4||10|
|Workout #2 - Weeks 2 and 6|
|Assisted pull ups / lat pull downs superset||4||15 pull up / 10 pull down|
|Seated row drop set||3||MAX|
|Bodyweight row||4||10, 10, 8, 6|
|One arm cable row (3-1-3 rep timing)||3||10|
|Workout #3 - Weeks 3 and 7|
|Wide grip pull ups||4||MAX, 10, 8, 8|
|Lat pull downs||3||10, 10, 10|
|Bent over row||4||8, 6, 6, 5|
|One arm cable row (3-1-3 rep timing)||4||15|
|Workout #4 - Weeks 4 and 8|
|Tri set: Assisted pull ups/lat pull down/seated row||3||10 on each exercise|
|Straight arm lat pull down (2-1-2 rep timing)||3||12|