Biceps, Lats, Triceps
One Arm Seated Cable Row Instructions
- The one arm seated cable row is a great way to bring up a lagging side of the body and create symmetry. Attach a single handle to the low pulley cable machine and set the amount of weight you want to use.
- Sit down facing the cable with your knees slightly bent.
- With your right hand grasp the handle using an overhand grip and take the weight off the stack.
- Keep your back straight and shoulders back. Slowly pull the weight towards your side twisting at the wrist.
- Pull the weight as far as possible, and squeeze your shoulder blade at the top of the movement.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position (do not let the weight touch the stack).
- Repeat for desired reps, and then repeat for the other arm.
- Keep your shoulder fixed throughout the movement. Do not let your shoulder come forward with your arm.
- If you have a weak side (usually the left for most people) make sure you do that side first to correct any imbalances.