- Main GoalBuild Muscle
- Workout TypeSingle Muscle Group
- Training LevelIntermediate
- Program Duration8 weeks
- Days Per Week1
- Time Per Workout15-30 minutes
- Equipment RequiredBarbell, Dumbbells
- Target Gender Male & Female
- Workout PDF Download Workout
This bicep workout will help you build arm size by focusing on three different training approaches, all used in the same workout. You will be performing this workout only once a week.
- Power. You will perform 4 power sets to lead off the workout. Power sets are performed in the 3 to 5 rep range. Use the same weight for each of the 4 sets. When you can perform 5 reps for all 4 sets, move up in weight.
- Muscle. Muscle sets for biceps are performed in the 6 to 12 rep range. When you hit the upper rep limit of 12, move up in weight. You will be performing 4 total muscle sets in each workout, using 2 different exercises.
- Burn. You will perform 2 burn sets at the end of your workout - generally using isolation movements. Pick a weight that allows you to hit 15 to 20 reps, and then perform 40 total reps. How? Do as many reps as possible, then take a slight rest and perform more reps. Rest only long enough to regain the energy and willpower to perform 1 to 3 more reps. Keep pushing yourself through the pain until you hit 40 total reps. When you can hit 25+ reps from the start without stopping, add weight.
|Standing Barbell Curl - Power||4||3 to 5|
|Barbell Preacher Curl - Muscle||2||6 to 12|
|Seated Dumbbell Curl - Muscle||2||6 to 12|
|Preacher Cable Curl - Burn||2||40|