- Main GoalBuild Muscle
- Workout TypeSingle Muscle Group
- Training LevelBeginner
- Program Duration6 weeks
- Days Per Week3
- Time Per Workout20 minutes
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight
- Target Gender Male & Female
- Workout PDF Download Workout
This simple home based ab workout is designed to strengthen your mid section. We've designed this workout so that you do not need any fitness equipment at all!
The workout should be done three times per week, with at least one day off between workouts. Monday - Wednesday - Friday would be ideal. If your abdominal muscles are still sore from the previous workout, wait until the soreness subsides before training them again.
Home-Based Ab Workout
|Horizontal Leg Raise (floor)||3||15-20|
|Hover (AKA plank)||3||MAX time|
- Floor crunch - Hands on the side of the head, keep the eyes fixed at one point on the ceiling, then lifting the shoulders off the floor but leaving the back on the floor, thereby crunching the abdominals, breathe out on the way up, hold at the top position for a count of 2. Hovers - hold for maximum time! 1 minute is the standard, those with a strong core may eb able to do 2mins+.
|Abdominal Air Bike (see instructions)||3||15-20|
|Side Hover||3||45 seconds|
- Side hover - hold each side for a count of 45 seconds
- Bicycle exercise - Lie face up on the floor and lace your fingers behind your head. Bring the knees in towards the chest and lift the shoulder blades off the ground without pulling on the neck. Straight the left leg out to about a 45-degree angle while simultaneously turning the upper body to the right, bringing the left elbow towards the right knee. Switch sides, bringing the right elbow towards the left knee. Continue alternating sides in a 'pedaling' motion for 12-16 reps.
|Advanced Hover (see instructions)||1||3 mins|
- Floor crunch - Hands on the side of the head, keep the eyes fixed at one point on the ceiling, then lifting the shoulders off the floor but leaving the back on the floor, thereby crunching the abdominals, breathe out on the way up, hold at the top position for a count of 2
- Advanced hover instructions - Regular hover postion for 1 min. Extend right leg out straight for 30 seconds. Extend left leg out straight for 30 seconds. Extend right arm out straight for 30 seconds. Extend left arm out straight for 30 seconds.