- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight
- Force TypePull (Bilateral)
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Straight Leg Toe Touch (Floor Toe Reach) Overview
The straight leg toe touch is a variation of the abdominal crunch and an exercise used to isolate the muscles of the abdomen.
The straight leg toe touch keeps constant tension on the lower abs as you go through flexion with the top portion of your abs.
Straight Leg Toe Touch (Floor Toe Reach) Instructions
- Lay supine in a relaxed position with your arms and legs straight.
- Raise your legs straight until they are perpendicular with the floor.
- Exhale as you reach straight up towards your toes.
- Once your abs are fully contracted and your upper back is off the floor, slowly lower yourself back to the starting position.
- Complete for the assigned number of repetitions.
Straight Leg Toe Touch (Floor Toe Reach) Tips
- Exhale hard like you’re blowing out candles on a cake and hold the contraction for a second in order to improve mind muscle connection.
- If your lower back bothers you during this exercise, choose more anti extension and anti rotation based movements.
- Avoid putting the hands behind the head as this can lead to excess strain upon the neck.