- Lay supine in a relaxed position with your arms and legs straight.
- Raise your legs straight until they are perpendicular with the floor.
- Exhale as you reach straight up towards your toes.
- Once your abs are fully contracted and your upper back is off the floor, slowly lower yourself back to the starting position.
- Complete for the assigned number of repetitions.
- Exhale hard like you’re blowing out candles on a cake and hold the contraction for a second in order to improve mind muscle connection.
- If your lower back bothers you during this exercise, choose more anti extension and anti rotation based movements.
- Avoid putting the hands behind the head as this can lead to excess strain upon the neck.