- Lay supine in a relaxed position with your arms behind your head and legs straight.
- Exhale as you raise one knee towards your face while driving the opposite elbow to the knee.
- Once your abs are fully contracted, slowly lower yourself back to the starting position and repeat on the opposite side.
- Complete for the assigned number of repetitions.
- Exhale hard like you’re blowing out candles on a cake and hold the contraction for a second in order to improve mind muscle connection.
- If your lower back bothers you during this exercise, choose more anti extension and anti rotation based movements.
- Avoid putting the hands behind the head as this can lead to excess strain upon the neck.