Number of Servings: 3 (1 serving = 2 hotdogs)
Notice: Eating the right diet for your goals may result in increased lean muscle and decreased bodyfat.
- Chili Ingredients
- 1 lb lean ground turkey breast
- 8 oz no salt added tomato sauce
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch cinnamon, optional
- Hotdog Ingredients
- 6 low fat turkey hotdogs*
- 6 light hotdog rolls
- optional toppings: mustard, cheese, homemade slaw
- Combine all ingredients from ground turkey breast through cinnamon in a pan over medium heat
- Cook for 3-4 minutes
- Reduce heat to medium/low and allow to simmer
- While chili is simmering
- Place hotdogs on a heat grilled and cook until desired temperature
- Grill rolls, if desired
- When hotdogs are done cooking, place into buns
- Evenly divide chili among 6 hotdogs
- Top with onion
*Ground beef or beef hotdogs would also work well here.
*Make this vegetarian/vegan friendly by using beans in place of ground turkey in the chili recipe and using your favorite tofurkey dog.
*You can make this into a Chili Cheese Dog by adding reduced fat cheddar cheese!
*You can make this low carb by leaving out the rolls. This will reduce your carbs by around 36g depending on brand.
*THIS chili recipe would also work well with this too!
Makes 3 servings. 1 serving = 2 hotdogs