- *Nutrition includes all of the items listed above, as used, excluding the CocoNutter.
- 1 lb. Ground Bison (can sub Ground Beef or Turkey, if desired)
- 1 slice Low Sodium Bacon, chopped
- 1 can (15oz) Fire-Roasted Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup No-Salt Tomato Sauce
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 can Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup - 3/4 cup Water or Beef Broth (depending how thick you like your chili)
- 1 tsp. Chipotle Chili Powder
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder (or more Chipotle Chili Powder)
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Salt, if desired
- 1/4 tsp. White Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp. Hickory Liquid Smoke
- 1 1/2 scoops Whey Protein*
- 1 tbsp. SweetSpreads Chocolate Brownie CocoNutter, optional
- Coat the bottom of a large pot with oil or non-stick spray.
- Sauté chopped onion, garlic, and bacon for 2 minutes or until onion becomes slightly translucent.
- Add in bison and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in fire roasted tomatoes, pasta sauce and all seasonings.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in your unflavored Protein powder.
- Mix in kidney beans.
- Add in water or broth until desired thickness.
- Add in liquid smoke.
- Allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in Sweet Spreads Chocolate Brownie CocoNutter, if desired (believe me, it’s awesome!).
- Serve topped with greek yogurt, shredded cheddar and fresh chives.
*Can sub any unflavored whey protein powder or remove from recipe completely.
Makes 4 servings.