- 2008 Monster Mash 3rd place Masters figure and 5th in Fit Body
- 2009 INBF Northeast America open Figure short took 2nd, 3rd in Masters Figure, 1st in Fit Body earning pro card.
- 2009 INBF New York State Championships, 1st figure tall, and Overall Womens figure earning Figure Pro card.
- 2009 WNBF Worlds took 4th in Fit Body.
What is your background, and how did you get started in Ms Fit Body competitions?
I’m a mother of 3 children. My son David is 21, my daughter Ashley is 17 and my other daughter Taylor is 7. I’ve been a fitness instructor for 10 years. Love what I do! I wanted to compete in figure years ago but the stage scared me to death. My husband and every one at my gym convinced me that I could do it, and do it well. The exercise and diet part I thought was easy. I eat healthy and natural all year. I believe if you eat natural, stay away from preservatives and make sure everything you eat has nutritional value you’ll feel good inside and out.
What is your training philosophy?
Cross training and muscle confusion works for me.
What workout works best for you?
- Monday - Teach 45 min. cycle class, 15 min abs. Interval training.
- Tuesday - 5 am work legs and butt 1 hour, 6 am run 1 hour, teach 9:30 am crosstrain 1 hour. Deadlifts - 3 sets of 12 reps, leg press 3 sets of 12, quad extension 3 sets of 8 reps, butt kickbacks 3 sets of 12 reps. Some days when I do legs I do a pyramid workout, or I may do free weights, or maybe throw some plyometrics in.
- Wednesday - 5 am chest, back, and calves. Teach cardio kick class 1 hour. Lying chest press 3 sets for 8 reps, lying chest flies, 3 sets 8 reps, 3 sets of push ups, double arm rows, lat pull downs. Change routine every other week.
- Thursday - Crossfit 1 hour, run 1 hour. 1 minute sprint on 8 or 9 and recover for 2 minutes on 4 or 5.
- Friday - 5 am work legs and butt again, 6 am teach a cardio sweat shop for 1 hour. Work legs different from Tuesday.
- Saturday - OFF
- Sunday - Teach 45 minute step class and 45 minute weight training class.
What are your 3 favorite exercises?
Any other info you would like to add about training?
What is your philosophy on nutrition?
Eat natural, stay away from sugar, and only eat what has nutritional value.
Give us a typical day in your diet (off season):
- 1st meal - ½ cup dry whole rolled organic oats, ¼ cup of organic blue berries, ½ scoop protein powder with a ¼ cup of almond milk.
- 2nd meal - 5 organic hormone free eggs with spinach and 1 slice of Ezekiel bread toasted.
- 3rd meal - Spinach salad with green peppers, fat free feta cheese, celery, slivered almonds.
- 4th meal - Greek yogurt.
- 5th meal - 4oz of chicken and a veg.
- 6th meal - Protein shake with 1 scoop of protein powder, water, and mixed greens.
1 gallon of water through day.
Give us a typical day in your diet (Contest Prep):
I really don’t change my diet much. I break my diet down to eating every hour. Same amount of calories. I may throw two really low carb. Days in.
What are your favorite meals and foods?
Almond butter! Seafood!
Favorite cheat food?
Brownies and ice cream! Yum!
Any other info you would like to add about diet and nutrition?
Read labels. Know what you're eating! If you can’t pronounce it don’t eat it!
What supplement(s) do you use that give you great results? How do you use them?
- Beverly international MUSCLE provider protein powder.
- I like to drink protein and water before and after exercise.
Advice For Others
What are the 3 best tips you'd give to women thinking about competing in Ms Fit Body?
You have to be self disciplined, be able to take criticism, and have the money for many extra expenses.
What’s your best tip for looking your best on competition day?
You're never dark enough, and hair and body has to look its best. Remember - show off what you worked so hard for! Confidence!
What shows have you got coming up, where can we see you compete?
WNBF Pro Natural Center Stage Figure Championships MAY 22.
What would you like to achieve in your Ms Fit Body career?
Place in the top 3.