- Main GoalBuild Muscle
- Workout TypeSingle Muscle Group
- Training LevelIntermediate
- Program Duration8 weeks
- Days Per Week2
- Time Per Workout45-60 minutes
- Equipment RequiredBarbell, Bodyweight, Machines
- Target Gender Male & Female
- Workout PDF Download Workout
This leg workout will help you build quad and hamstring muscle by focusing on three different training approaches, all used in the same workout. Please note that you will be splitting up your quad and hamstring work into 2 training days. Perform your quad workout, and then 3 days later hammer your hamstrings. You will be working each muscle group only once a week.
- Power. You will perform 4 power sets to lead off the workout. Power sets are performed in the 3 to 5 rep range. Use the same weight for each of the 4 sets. When you can perform 5 reps for all 4 sets, move up in weight.
- Muscle. Muscle sets for quads are performed in the 8 to 15 rep range. Muscle sets for hamstrings are performed in the 6 to 12 rep range. Use the same weight for each of the sets. When you hit the upper rep limit for that muscle group (15 for quads and 12 for hamstrings), move up in weight. You will be performing 6 total muscle sets in each workout, using 3 different exercises.
- Burn. You will perform 2 burn sets at the end of your workout - generally using isolation movements. Pick a weight that allows you to hit 15 to 20 reps, and then perform 40 total reps. How? Do as many reps as possible, then take a slight rest and perform more reps. Rest only long enough to regain the energy and willpower to perform 1 to 3 more reps. Keep pushing yourself through the pain until you hit 40 total reps. When you can hit 25+ reps from the start without stopping, add weight.
|Squat - Power||4||3 to 5|
|Squat - Muscle||2||8 to 15|
|Leg Press - Muscle||2||8 to 15|
|Front Squat - Muscle||2||8 to 15|
|Leg Extension - Burn||1||40|
|Hack Squat - Burn||1||40|
|Romanian Deadlift - Power||4||3 to 5|
|Romanian Deadlift - Muscle||2||6 to 12|
|Wide Stance Good Morning - Muscle||2||6 to 12|
|Glute Ham Raise - Muscle||2||6 to 12|
|Leg Curl - Burn||2||40|