- Set up for the cable preacher curl by grabbing a preacher bench and placing it in front of a low pulley cable machine. There should be about a 1-2 ft gap.
- Attach a straight bar to the low pulley cable and select the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Sit on the bench with your upper arms on the pads and grasp the bar with an underhand grip (palms facing up) at about shoulder width.
- Bend the arms slightly to apply tension to the biceps. This is the starting position.
- Slowly curl the bar up as far as possible, squeeze the biceps at the top, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Control the weight during the set, especially on the way down.
- Keep your upper arms fixed on the pads, and don't lean back as you curl the weight up.
- Keep your wrists straight.