Yenny Polanco is a very eclectic person. She is a 2 time Golden Gloves boxing champion, a registered Cosmetologist, and has produced a public access television program. She also has a great sense of humor, and loves to act. In the realm of fitness, Yenny is an AFPA Certified Personal Trainer. Since her first competition in 2005, Yenny Polanco has appeared in over 40 competitions.
- 2009 NPC Team Universe Fitness Championships - IFBB Pro Card
- 2007 NPC Team Universe Nationals 3rd place in Fitness
- 2007 NPC N.E. First place in Fitness
- 2007 INBF Figure first place
- 2007 Fitness America Figure Top 10!
- 2006 Ms. Fitness World Top 10!
- 2005 INBF N.E. Classic, Figure first place
What is your training philosophy?
Yenny Polanco doesn't just train...she trains hard. Here are some of her training cornerstones:
- Weight training 4 times per week.
- Cardio during every training session, except for leg day.
- For Cardio - stationary bike or elliptical 4 times per week, 30-45 minutes.
- Weekly boxing training - 3 rounds of jump roping, 3 rounds of heavy bag, and 3 rounds on the speed bag.
- Fitness routine - practices her competitive fitness moves 4 times per week, and her complete routine 3 times per week.
What workout works best for you?
Because of her advanced chest development, Yenny currently only performs push ups for her pec workout. Yenny trains abs every other day, or 2 days on, 2 days off.
What is your philosophy on nutrition?
- Complex carbs - She eats plenty of sweet potatoes, vegetables, oatmeal and bread. Bread is Ezekiel, which is gluten and sugar-free.
- Protein - Protein source staples include chicken breasts, turkey, fish and egg whites.
- Healthy fats - Extra virgin olive oil, peanut butter and avocado.
- Calories - Yenny does not count calories or macro nutrient grams.
- Weight - Yenny does not weigh herself.
- Portions - Portions sizes are filling, but not to the point of feeling "stuffed."
- Post-workout - Eat within 30 minutes after working out, including extra protein.
- Solids - Yenny prefers solid food to protein drinks, but occasionally uses protein powder when in a rush.
What are your favorite meals and foods?
Sushi. Also, red wine and chocolate cake once a week because life is short!
Favorite cheat food?
Apple pie and chocolate cake.
Advice For Others
What is the best advice you can give to women thinking about competing in figure?
Yenny Polanco recommends that you stay natural all the way.
What would you like to achieve in your figure career?
"To take over the fitness industry."
How Can People Contact You?
How can people contact you?