Don’t be foolish by simply hopping into the machine and swinging your legs and the weight up and down.
Take these tips from Vic and begin to build bigger, denser quads:
- Before beginning your leg workouts, make sure you’ve stretched and adequately warmed up.
- The leg extension is best used as either a pre-exhaust or finisher exercise for the quads
- Control the movement throughout the whole exercise. Make sure you feel the full contraction.
- Bare all the weight on the quads. The knee should simply be a pivot point and shouldn’t bare any weight.
- Point your toes slightly outward when performing the exercise.
- The rep ranges Victor prefers for this exercise is 15-20 reps.
- And his preferred set range is 4-6 sets.