- Notice: Eating the right diet for your goals may result in increased gains and decreased bodyfat.
- 4 medium bell peppers, sliced in half and seeded
- 1lb chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 8-10 oz thick and chunky salsa
- ½ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ⅓ cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil add in peppers and cook 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and lay cut side up in a line baking pan.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add in your chicken and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese to the chicken. Stir and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Evenly divide filling between pepper halves. Top with shredded cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil and cook for 30-35 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve hot.
*You can make this recipe low carb by removing the brown rice and corn.
*This recipe can also be made vegetarian friendly by swapping the ground turkey for additional black beans or substituting with your favorite vegetarian soy crumbles.
*Vegans can sub ground turkey for soy crumbles and use almond cheese.
Makes 4 servings 1 serving is 2 halves.