Number of Servings: 1
Notice: Eating the right diet for your goals may result in increased lean muscle and decreased bodyfat.
- 5 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder*
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- ⅔ cup Chocolate Egg Whites
- 1 cup Apple Sauce (or Pure Pumpkin)
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup Almond Milk
- Few drops Liquid Stevia, as desired
- ½-¾ cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
- Sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Line 12 cupcake tins with paper liners (or spray pan)
- Mix together chocolate protein powder and baking powder
- Add in egg whites, melted coconut oil, milk, applesauce
- Mix until just combined (do not over mix)
- Evenly divide batter between 12 cupcake liners
- Bake for ~7 minutes (or until tops are just set)**
- Remove from oven and allow to set
- While cupcakes cool, mix together greek yogurt and vanilla protein powder
- Frost as desired
- Finish off with sprinkles, if using.
*Use your favorite protein powder
**Do not over bake. When working with whey protein powder, they will continue to set after they are removed from the oven.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
Followed the recipe to the letter and ended up with a gooey mess. Basically wasted my ingredients and time for nothing.
I am so sorry to hear that! If the cupcakes are still gooey, that means they would require more baking time. In he recipe we say "~7 minutes" which means approximately. The time can vary by altitude, the age of the oven, how often someone may be opening the oven to 'check' the recipe (this lets hot air escape), etc. If you find this happening in other recipes going forward, I would let them continue to bake in 1 minute increments until they are set.
I hope this helps. I apologize that the recipe did not turn out well for you! If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask!