- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray 4 large** muffin cups with non-stick spray
- Whisk together dry ingredients: oat flour, protein powder and baking soda
- Add in egg whites and sweetener, if using
- Allow batter to sit for 5 minutes
- Evenly divide batter between 4 muffin cups
- Bake for about 7 minutes***
- While shortcakes are baking, dice strawberries
- When shortcakes are done, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes
- Using a knife, cut the top off the muffin and scoop out a bit of the middle to create a ‘cup’ shape
- Fill cake with greek yogurt, top with strawberries and finish off with whipped cream, if desired!
*Adjust sweetness based on your personal preference. Some protein powders are sweeter than others. Also, if you use regular egg whites in place of the vanilla eggwhites you may need more. I used 10 drops of liquid stevia in this recipe.
**If you do not have a large muffin cup pan, you can always make 8 small ones.
***Please note that baking times can vary based on protein powder used, altitude and age of your oven. Check every minute after 7 minutes until golden on top and still slightly soft.
Makes 4 servings (macros include the entire baked shortcake, including the piece you cut off)