- 1lb ground chicken
- 90g rolled oats
- 2 whole onions
- 2 tsp allspice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Start by putting the pan on medium heat and grease/spray it lightly so that the meatballs doesn't stick.
- Grate or chop the onion finely.
- In a large bowl, mix the grated onion with rest of the ingredients.
- Make small balls out of the mixture, use a spoon to get a consistent size so that the meatballs cook equally fast (wet hands with cold water keeps the mixture from sticking to the hands).
- Fry the balls until golden brown (cut one ball open to check that they are cooked through)
Enjoy with a bean salad, tomato sauce or whatever you prefer, this recipe will already provide you with an excellent source of carbs so there is really no need for another.
Makes 1 serving.