Notice: Eating the right diet for your goals may result in increased lean muscle and decreased bodyfat.
- 256g (2 cups) KFF Flour Blend (Or use flour of choice such as Oat, Barley, Brown Rice, etc. You can find my flour blend recipe below in notes)
- 2 ¼ tsp Baking Powder (Preferably Gluten & Aluminum Free/Low Sodium)
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 4tbs, 26g Golden Flax Seed Meal
- 113g (1/2 cup) Greek Yogurt (Fage is my preference)
- 225g (1 cup) Bananas (Mashed)
- 1 Large Egg
- 50g Egg White (Equivalent to One Whole Large Egg)
- 1tbs Vanilla Extract (I use Simply Organic)
- 80g (1/3 cup) Coconut Sugar (Can use sweetener of choice)
- 63g (1/4 cup) Apple Sauce (No Sugar Added)
- 3 tbs Peanut Butter (I use Earth Balance Coconut Peanut Spread)
- 2 tbs Unsweetened Almond Coconut Milk (Vanilla optional, I prefer Blue Diamond brand)
- 1tbs 100% Pure Maple Syrup
What you need:
- Two Large Bowls or Mixer and Larger Bowl
- One Small Bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- Whisk or Fork
- Loaf Pan
- Cooking Spray/Oil
- Seran Wrap
- KFF baking flour blend (Makes 3 Cups): 128g brown rice flour, 128g oat flour, 43g tapioca flour, 85g potato starch.
- Allow bread to cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting. Cut in to 12-16 thick slices, based on your preference. Bread can be cut as stated above, but ABSOLUTE best results are after allowing to cool in refrigerator overnight, slicing in the morning, and toasting or heating in microwave (Just a suggestion, but not necessary - I usually don’t wait :-).
- Bread crust may be slightly harder to the touch, this is normal. After cooling and refrigerating, the crust will moisten yielding a perfect loaf. It is always better the next day!
I use loaf pans smaller than 9x5, this yields a loaf with a higher rise.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray loaf pan and set aside.
- Combine all dry Ingredients in large bowl, set aside. Combine all wet Ingredient in bowl, add wet ingredients to dry and gently combine. Do not over beat.
- Pour batter in loaf pan and smooth out. Place in oven and bake for 55-60 minutes. At the 40-45 min mark, check bread for doneness and place small piece of tented foil over the top (This will keep it from browning too much). **All ovens are not created equal, be sure to watch your bread once it reaches the 40-45 minute mark.
- Remove loaf from oven; allow to cool in loaf pan for 5mins.
- Remove from loaf pan and place on wire rack (or plate) to cool.
- (For Glaze) Soften peanut butter in small bowl with a spoon or fork (or microwave for 5-10 seconds to soften). Add milk, maple and combine.
- Drizzle peanut butter maple glaze over bread loaf.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting. Cut in to 12 -16 slices, based on your preference.
- To store, tightly wrap in Seran wrap. Keep in refrigerator until ready to use or place in a container with a lid.
This recipe yields 14 slices.