- 2010 WNBF NE Classic - 4th Figure
- 2009 INBF Hercules *1st Open Figure – Pro-Card awarded, *1st. Masters Figure – Pro-Card awarded
- 2008 INBF Worlds – 2nd Ms. Fit, Top 5 Figure A class
- 2008 INBF NYS Figure Championships – 1st. Med Figure, 1st. Masters Figure
- 2007 INBF Worlds - 5th Figure, 5th. Ms. Fit
- 2007 INBF NYS Figure Championships – 2nd. Masters Figure, 3rd. Figure B class
- 2007 INBF Hercules Championships – 1st. Figure
No background to speak of. Was so shy growing up and often picked next to last for team sports in school it was the worst. I even failed gym class in HS a few times for lack of participation. I started working-out out of desperation after my 2nd son was born. I hated the way I look and felt. Complaining was getting me nowhere. I finally had enough and decided to take action!
It’s been one of the best decisions I have ever made. I took to weight training right away. I love that it is a sport I can do independently. I quickly saw changes in my physique and within a year I transformed from a shy, non athletic, 38 year old art teacher and mother of two to self confident figure competitor. The first show I participated in was the first show I ever saw and to make the story even better I placed first in my class. I was hooked at that moment!
What is your training philosophy? Please explain how you train on and off season.
I train hard, lol. Seriously I train heavy and change my workouts often in order to prevent boredom and keep my muscles guessing. I don’t do cardio in my off season as I am pretty lean to begin with and a hard gainer. I eat healthy and often, rest and repeat. On season I begin dieting about 6 weeks out, up my rep range and walk in the treadmill a few times a week to further aid in fat burning.
What is your current workout?
- Monday - Chest and Biceps. 4 sets of 8 to 10 reps. Compound movements followed by isolation exercises all body parts.
- Tuesday - OFF.
- Wednesday - Back and Triceps. 4 sets of 8 to 10 reps. Love starting with pull-ups!
- Thursday - Shoulders and Abs. 4 sets, 8-10 shoulders, 15-20 reps abs.
- Friday - OFF.
- Saturday - Legs. 4 sets, 8 to 10 reps.
- Sunday - OFF, or additional work where I need it.
If you have to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
Pull-ups and military presses… a wide back and nice shoulders make waist look smaller. Squats a great movement to shape and tone legs and rear!
Any other info you want to add about training?
Plan ahead, have in mind what you will do once you set foot in the gym. Once there train like you mean it. Don’t let talking get in the way of a great workout. Ask questions, read, hire a personal trainer to show you the how’s and explain the why’s. Remember age is all but a number and the gym the true fountain of youth. If I can do it you can too. Make the time and commitment!
What is your philosophy on nutrition?
Eat healthy and often aim for 5 small meals with plenty of vegetables, complex carbs. Healthy fats and lean protein. Keep hydrated, drink water. Add some of your favorite foods but in moderation. Keep it simple.
Give us a typical day in your diet (off season):
- Meal 1 - Scrambled eggs, old fashioned oats and small apple.
- Meal 2 - Protein bar.
- Meal 3 - Salad, lots of vegetables, chicken breast and a touch of olive oil and vinegar dressing.
- Meal 4 - Post-workout protein shake with banana.
- Meal 5 - Lean beef, sweet potato, vegetables.
Give us a typical day in your diet (contest prep):
- Meal 1 - Egg whites and oats.
- Meal 2 - Protein shake.
- Meal 3 - Salad, veggies, chicken, vinegar to taste.
- Meal 4 - Protein bar.
- Meal 5 - Apple with peanut butter.
- Meal 6 - Salmon, broccoli, small sweet potato or rice.
What are your favorite meals and foods?
Favorite meals...any with my family! Favorite foods: Italian and Chinese.
Favorite cheat food?
Cold Stone ice cream, movie popcorn, fresh baked pies or cookies :o)
Any other info you want to add about diet & nutrition?
If you mess up own it and move on. Rome wasn’t built in a day. You are a work in progress.. keep moving forward you’re worth it!
What supplements do you use that give you great results? How do you use them?
- Multivitamin mineral supplement. As a teacher my resistance is tested often. These help me keep on top of my game. Taken with meals.
- Joint supplement. Trouble with my joints due to my young age, lol. These help! Taken in morning with breakfast.
- Creatine. I like the pump I get and my muscles feel harder while taking 3-5 grams per day. Taken pre or post-workout.
Advice For Others
What are the 3 best tips you’d give to women thinking about competing in figure?
- Practice, practice, practice you want to look polished on stage.
- Focus on yourself and giving the best you have to give.
- Be a good sport give credit where credit is due. We all worked hard to be here!
- SMILE and have FUN. This is your time to SHINE!
What’s your best tip for looking your best on competition day?
Have your hair and make-up done by someone you trust. You don’t have to spend a fortune but you want to look “done”. Sometimes less is more.
What shows have you got coming up, where can we see you compete?
WNBF Worlds in November 2010, NYC.
What would you like to achieve in your figure career?
I always aim to win! I would love to further my career as a fitness model and trainer for women interested in competition.
There are many competitors and behind the scenes people I admire from Rich Fitter INBF/WNBF Chairman and Editorial Director of Natural Body Building and Fitness Magazine, Charlie Carollo INBF/WNBF Vice president and contest promoter. I have found both to be extremely hard working, down to earth and extremely caring when it comes to their competitors. Jim Cordova, Dr. Joe Klemczewski, Janet Marsico, Nancy Andrews and many others in the federation who use their success and know how to help others achieve their goals. To new competitors and veterans of the sport working hard, committed to making their dreams come true!
How Can People Contact You?
How can people contact you?
- My email: Eukert@yahoo.com
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TracieLynn