Colleen entered her first NGA Pro card, and in 2006 her WNBF Pro card. Colleen Castaneda has been training with weights since high school. 1984, she fell in love with muscular physiques after seeing the Ms. Olympia competition.
- 2009 FAME World Tour Pro Figure Physique - 1st Place Pro Figure Physique
- 2009 USBF Jersey Shore Pro Figure - 2nd Place Pro Figure
- 2009 IFPA Kansas City Pro Figure - 9th Place Pro Figure
- 2009 IFPA Show Me Pro Figure - 1st Place Pro Figure
- 2008 NGA Music City Pro Figure - 1st Place Pro Figure
- 2008 USBF Plattsburgh Pro Figure - 1st Place Pro Figure & Best Poser Award
- 2007 IFPA Yorton Cup Pro Figure - 2nd Place Pro Figure
- 2007 IFPA Arizona Pro Figure - 3rd Place Pro Figure
- 2006 NGA World Pro Figure - 3rd Place Pro Figure
- 2006 NPC Central Texas Cup - 1st Place Figure Masters
- 2006 NPC Masters Nationals - 8th Place Figure Class A
- 2006 INBF Texas Shredder Classic - 1st Place Figure Short & Overall Figure ***WNBF Pro Card***
- 2006 IFPA Centaur Pro Figure - 3rd Place Pro Figure
- 2005 NPC Central Texas Cup - 1st Place Figure Short, Figure Masters & ***Overall Award***
- 2005 NPC Team Universe Figure Nationals - Did Not Place
- 2005 INBF Texas Shredder Classic - 3rd Place Figure Short
- 2005 NGA Southern States - 1st Place Figure & ***NGA Pro Card***
- 2005 NPC Ronnie Coleman Classic - 3rd Place Figure Short & 2nd Place Masters
- 2004 NPC John Sherman Classic - 3rd Place Figure Class B
- 2004 NPC Lackland Classic - 2nd Place Figure Short
- 2004 INBF Alamo Showdown - 3rd Place Figure Short
- 2004 NPC Heart of Texas - 8th Place Figure Short
- 2004 NPC Texas State Championships - 10th Place Figure Short
What is your training philosophy?
"You must overload your body by changing the frequency, intensity, duration or exercise choice in order to see positive results."
- 4 to 6 sets per exercise
- 6 to 15 reps
- 30 to 60 second rest between sets
- Pyramid weight from light to heavy, then back to light.
What are your favorite exercises and body parts to train?Roman Chair Situps
What are your favorite meals and foods?
Filet Mignot and Italian food.
Favorite cheat food?
"Dark chocolate with nuts."
Advice For Others
What is the best advice you can give women who want to get in shape?
"Many women are afraid of obtaining large bulky muscles but this is very unlikely for the average female. Women generally are weaker than men just because they have less muscle mass. But there is no difference in strength relative to lean body mass. Women who are able to develop large muscles may have: 1) higher than average testosterone levels; 2) lower than normal estrogen-to-testosterone ratio; 3) genetics for developing more muscle mass; and/or 4) a very intense resistance training program. So please to all the women out there, don't be afraid of resistance training, there are many benefits such as increased bone density, strengthen connective tissue, decreased risk of injury, enhance well-being & self confidence, reduced blood pressure and the best of all, shapely curves : )"
What are your competition goals?
Colleen would like to continue to compete into her 60's and beyond.
Cory Everson and Rachel McLish.
How Can People Contact You?
How can people contact you?