- 10/16/93 - ANBC Whaling City Bodybuilding Championships , 1st Place Overall, Best Poser (age 15)
- 10/30/04 - ANBC-New England Natural Bodybuilding & Figure Championships, Novice and Open Women Overall 1st Place, Best Poser
- 11/04/04 - ANBC-U.S. ANBC Naturals Bodybuilding, Figure & fitness Championships, Open Women Tall 1st place - Earned Pro Status
- 04/23/05 - MuscleMania Atlantic, Open Women 1st place
- 05/08/05 - NPC-2005 New England Bodybuilding & Fitness Championships, Heavy Weight 2nd place
- 08/20/2005 - NAS-2005 Hudson River Strongman 1st place - Qualified for Nationals
- 09/24/2005 - NPC-Northeastern Tournament of Champions Bodybuilding, Fitness, & Figure Championships In conjunction with Massachusetts State Bodybuilding Championships Placing: 2nd in both shows and Qualified for Nationals & Team Universe
- 10/08/2005-IFPA InShape Online.com Pro Classic, Placing: 2nd
- 11/05/2005- INBF Monster Mash, Placing: 4th
- 11/19&20/2005 –MuscleMania World, Placing: 3rd
- 04/1/2006 –NAS- Stronger Than All 2, Placing: 5th in the women’s heavy weight
- 2006 NGA Pro Universe - 6th Place
- 2006 NGA Granite State Open* - Overall Bodybuilding Champion & 1st Place in Heavyweight *Awarded NGA Pro card
- 2006 IFPA US Capital Pro Classic - 5th Place
- 07/13&14/2007 Team Universe Bodybuilding & Fitness Championships National level Competition - 3rd Women’s Heavyweight
- 03/5&7/2008 Arnold Amateur IFBB International Bodybuilding, Fitness, and Figure Championships - 5th Women's Middleweight
- 07/25/2009 NPC USA Bodybuilding, Fitness and Bikini Championships – 9th Woman’s Light Heavyweight
What is your background and how did you get started in bodybuilding?
I was born in New Bedford, MA, and still reside in MA. I was a professional NGA organization. I am a National Level Bodybuilder in the NPC bodybuilding organization. I am also a certified regional judge for the NPC organization as well as working towards an IFBB professional card.
I am currently working as an independent model and work as a personal trainer as well. I took some time off from school, but will soon be working towards getting my bachelors degree in physical education at Bridgewater State College.
Prior to bodybuilding I briefly participated in runway modeling, ballet, softball, and Tae Kwon Do. My parents had started me into weight training when I was 15 years old. My mother had competed in a bodybuilding show the year prior and I was amazed with the transformation of her physique.
I competed in my first show within 3 months of beginning training. On October 16, 1993, I competed in the Whaling City Bodybuilding Championships at age 15 and I won first place, best poser, and overall. My next competition was not until October of 2004, where I won overall and qualified to gain professional status. I then decided to go to the nationals held in New Mexico. I won first place and earned my pro card. I always thought that I wasn't big enough to do it and I never had the confidence to go through with it. Then my teacher Dr. Ellen Robinson of Bridgewater State College gave me the extra push I needed to compete again. Since then I've competed numerous times and have even expanded into strong women competitions.
In my down time I enjoy writing, drawing, and spending time with family and friends. I love to dance and sing. I also like to arm-wrestle. I've been arm-wrestling since I was in elementary school. I enjoy trying new things and traveling as well.
Why do you love bodybuilding?
My strength makes me feel good and I like to stand out in a crowd.
What is your training philosophy?
My philosophy is to train hard or go home.
I have periodization program, which is a plan for the year for how I will train. It has three different mesocycle cycles within it, which are off-season (strength & power training), pre-contest (leaning phase), and my strongwoman training (strength & endurance training). Each mesocycle varies in duration from 3 to 4 months and within each mesocycle it’s broken down further into specific objectives for 1-3 weeks of time duration. I am currently in the leaning phase and weight train about 5 days per week and have 5 days of two sessions of cardio sessions.
If you have to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
Because these are the most crucial mass building exercises for me.
What's the best training tip you could give to others?
Be sure you know what you’re doing before you begin.
What is your philosophy on nutrition?
Moderation is key with any diet.
Give us a typical day in your off season diet:
A big breakfast with all the fixings, snack until lunch, lunch of mac and cheese with turkey burger and veggies, snack until dinner, then lasagna with garlic bread for dinner.
Give us a typical day in your diet (contest prep):
Every 2 hours I have either a protein shake, 3 oz of turkey burger, egg whites, or chicken breast with either green beans, broccoli, or lettuce and once a day I can have 2 slices of Ezekiel bread.
What are your favorite meals and foods?
Italian food and chocolate.
Favorite cheat food?
What's the best diet tip you could give to others?
To get a nutritionist.
What supplements do you use that give you great results? How do you use them?
- Protein shakes, great for meal supplementation, used when I cannot have a meal and right after work outs.
- Redline, gives me energy for long cardio sessions.
- Glutamine, use for recover after work outs.
What brands do you think are offering the best products at the moment?
What do you think is a good off season muscle building stack?
What do you think is a good pre-contest/fat loss stack?
Advice For Others
What are the best tips you'd give to someone thinking about competing in natural bodybuilding?
Be prepared to commit to the diet and training. It is a way of life that requires a lot of dedication but well worth the rewards.
What is your best advice for looking your best on competition day?
Practice your routine well, select a nice suit and have fun.
How do you stay motivated? What advice would you give to someone who's having trouble staying on track?
My children keep me motivated but for anyone else, they should remember why they’ve decided to do this.
What shows have you got coming up, where can we see you compete?
I will be competing in the NPC Nationals in Florida in November.
What would you like to achieve in your natural bodybuilding career?
Who are your favorite bodybuilders and idols?
Cory Everson, Ellen Robinson and my mom.
How Can People Contact You?
How can people contact you?
- My website at www.ChristyResendes.com