- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredKettle Bells
- Force TypeIsometric
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Abs, Hamstrings, Lower Back, Quads, Shoulders, Traps, Upper Back
Target Muscle Group
Kettlebell Goblet Carry Overview
The kettlebell goblet carry is a variation of the farmers walk and a full body exercise primarily used to strengthen the muscles of the core, forearms, and traps.
The kettlebell goblet carry is part of the loaded carry exercise family tree, which are foundational strength movements that can be beneficial in anyone’s workout programs.
Kettlebell Goblet Carry Instructions
- Grasp a kettlebell by the horns at chest height with both hands.
- Maintain the position of the kettlebell at the chest and walk for a designated distance or amount of time.
Kettlebell Goblet Carry Tips
- To get the kettlebell into position you will most likely need the assistance of your free hand which is perfectly fine.
- When setting up for the lift, ensure you take a good deep breath to set your shoulder position. The weight will drive your shoulders into scapular depression so you want to ensure that your shoulders are set in a good position prior to lifting the weight.
- Walk slowly and ensure a heel-toe pattern.
- Stabilize the weight and don’t allow it to drive you into overextension.
- Continue to breath throughout the exercise and don’t rely upon respiration for spinal stabilization.