- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredMachine
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Biceps, Lats, Shoulders
Target Muscle Group
Smith Machine Bent-Over Row Instructions
- Set up for the smith machine bent-over row by lowering the bar on the smith machine all the way and adding the weight you want to use.
- Stand facing the bar and grip the bar with an overhand grip, with your hands wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Stand straight up to take the weight off the machine.
- Straighten your back, bend at the knees slightly, and slowly let the weight down until it's just below your knees. This is the start position.
- Keeping your body fixed, pull the weight up until it almost hits your body.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Smith Machine Bent-Over Row Tips
- You must keep your back straight when doing all bent-over back exercises! Do not let your back arch. Keeping the head up and eyes looking forwards will help you with this.
- Use a full range of motion on every rep.
- Keep your body still throughout the movement, only your arms should move.
I really want to work on my back at the gym. However I know that I am not doing the exercises properly becuse I cannot manage to make my back straight . I have the same problem with deadlifts. Not having a mirror where this exercise is makes it even more difficult. Can you give me any tips to help with this?
Yes Yuvi you can use T Bar or instead do Barbell Bent Over Row
can i use t.bar instead of smith machine bent over...this machine is not in my gym...or any another exercise which can replace dat...?