Biceps, Lats, Shoulders
- Set up for the smith machine bent over row by lowering the bar on the smith all the way and adding the weight you want to use.
- Stand facing the bar and grip the bar with an overhand grip, with your hands wider than shoulder width apart.
- Stand straight up to take the weight off the machine.
- Straighten your back, bend at the knees slightly, and slowly let the weight down until it's just below your knees. This is the start position.
- Keeping your body fixed, pull the weight up until it almost hits your body.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- You must keen your back straight when doing all bent over back exercises! Do not let your back arch. Keeping the head up and eyes looking forwards will help you with this.
- Use a full range of motion on every rep.
- Keep your body still throughout the movement, only your arms should move.